Sign In
Buy Hunting Licenses
Buy Hunting Licenses
​​​​​​​​License Retailers  

Stop by hundreds of retailers​ and buy your license in person.  

Purchase By Phone

Toll free 1-800-244-5613

Leftover limited licenses, over-the-counter with caps licenses, and unlimited over-the-count​er licenses are on sale​ at CPW officeslicense agentsonline, or at 1-800-244-5613.​

  • Leftover limited licenses are licenses that have gone through the draw process and still have quota remaining. For example, if there were 1000 licenses for a certain elk hunt code, and only 100 people applied in the draws for that hunt code, there would be 900 leftover limited licenses remaining. The list of leftover limited licenses is now available online and will be updated every 15 minutes.

  • Over-the-counter (OTC) with caps licenses are licenses that are limited in number and only available first-come, first-served starting at 9am on August 5th. The list of over-the-counter with caps can be found in the 2014 big game brochure and is now available online. Please note that over-the-counter with caps rifle bear licenses have season participation rules. Please see page 52 of the 2014 big game brochure.

  • Unlimited over-the-counter (OTC) licenses are licenses that are unlimited in number and available in a range of units and seasons. There are unlimited over-the-counter licenses for cow and either-sex archery elk, bull elk in the 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons, either-sex elk in the plains, either-sex archery pronghorn, and doe and either-sex whitetail deer. These licenses are restricted to certain units and manners of take. For more information, please see the maps in the 2014 big game brochure (pages 27, 30-33 and 46). These licenses are listed in the online system without a hunt code or by asking for the specific OTC license by phone or in person.

Things to know when buying online or by phone 

  • Customers must use Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Some debit cards work if they can be used without a PIN. Licenses are mailed within 24 hours of the purchase.

  • Customers must have completed all the requirements for Hunter Education before applying for or buying a license or before applying for a preference point.

  • In most cases, licenses purchased online or over the phone will reach you by mail within 10 days or you may pick up your license at a license agent location or Colorado Parks and Wildlife office.

  • Except for big game, Turkey licenses, and the Colorado Waterfowl Stamp, a temporary authorization number (TAN) may be substituted for the license(s) purchased for 14 days from the date of purchase. Please print or write down (must be legible) the TAN and carry it with you while hunting or fishing until you receive your license. If the license OR all of the licenses you purchase in this transaction expire in less than 7 days, you will NOT receive anything in the mail. A temporary authorization number (TAN) is all you need for 1 or 5 day fishing or small game hunting licenses. 

  • Sign your license when you receive it to validate it.

  • Telephone sales representatives are trained to sell licenses and do not know specific wildlife-related information for Colorado. For questions not related to the sale of licenses, call Colorado Parks and Wildlife at 303-297-1192.