Exclusive for Partners in the Outdoors Conference Attendees
Conference Grants are presented by
Colorado Parks and Recreation Association and Colorado Parks and Wildlife, with the support of our Partners in the Outdoors, provide an opportunity for promoting strong initiatives that link a coalition of organizations, agencies, schools, businesses and communities.
The Partners in the Outdoors Grants are distributed by Colorado Parks and Recreation Association. All partner organizations who attended the 4th Annual Partners in the Outdoors Conference May 11th-12th, 2017 are eligible to apply.
These funding opportunities are a unique element to the Partners Conference and are designated solely for those in attendance. We are here to support what you do every day!
• Must have attended the Partners in the Outdoors Conference
• Have matching funds (dollar for dollar)
• Must be a collaborative effort, including multiple partners
• Must utilize and document via photos/video (more information to be provided upon selection)
• Projects should address elements of the following areas (supporting documents included for clarification)
• Outdoor Recreation Education/outreach
• Integration of Outdoor Recreation Interests
• Healthy Lifestyles and Communities
• Protect, Connect and Inspire Coloradans to appreciate, enjoy and care for our great outdoors (GOCO Strategic Initiative: supporting documents
will included for clarification)
Projects should address elements of the following areas
- Outdoor Recreation Education/outreach
- Integration of Outdoor Recreation Interests
- Healthy Lifestyles and Communities
- Protect, Connect and Inspire Coloradans to appreciate, enjoy and care for our great outdoors (GOCO Strategic Initiative)
Grant applications and guidelines will be available at the conference, as well as sent electronically to all attendees after the conference.
The Partners in the Outdoors Conference is a platform for conversation and planning, professional development and workshops to strengthen the statewide efforts of all partners involved.
Thank you to our 2017 Grant Sponsors!
Congratulations to the 2016 Grant Recipients
During the 3rd Annual Partners in the Outdoors conference, 13 conference attendees were awarded $26,000 in $2,000 increments.
2016 Recipients included:
- Americas For Conservation + The Arts
- Big City Mountaineers and Environmental Learning for Kids
- Cal-Wood Education Center
- City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services
- Colorado Outward Bound School
- Denver Police Activity League
- Friends of Mueller State Park
- Friends of Staunton State Park
- Greater Arkansas River Nature Association
- Gold Belt Tour Scenic and Historic Byway Association
- The Nature Connection Coalition-Western Slope Conservation Center
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
Thank you to our 2016 Grant Sponsors!
The 2015 Partners Conference
During the 2nd Annual Partners in the Outdoors conference, $19,000 was awarded to 7 conference attendees to support Colorado community projects.
2015 Recipients included:
- Cal-Wood Education Center: Latino Family Camp
- Friend's of Lory State Park: Lory's Youth Stewardship Project
- Montrose Recreation District: Youth Outdoor Skills Program
- Nature and Raptor Center of Pueblo: Family Outdoor Skills Program
- Pioneer Historical Society of Bent County: Boggsville Historical Site
- Work Gone WILD Week
- Yampatika: Environmental Literacy Program
Cal-Wood: Latino Family Camp
The 2014 Partners Conference
During the 1st Annual Partners in the Outdoors conference, $7,500 was awarded to 3 conference attendee groups.
2014 Recipients included:
- Colorado Ducks Unlimited/Metro Denver Pheasants Forever in partnership with Barr Lake State Park and the Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
- Colorado Trout Unlimited
- Larimer County
These funds were designated for furthering partnership and community involvement to promote outdoor recreation and stewardship.