Each year the Partners in the Outdoors Conference offers the opportunity to host a Pre-Conference meeting for all of our attendees and their respective organizations.
The National Park Conservation Association will again be hosting the Colorado Gateway Community Momentum Initiative. This free workshop will be held May 10th, 12pm-5:30pm in the Breckenridge Ballroom at Beaver Run Resort, Breckenridge, CO. Lunch will be provided.
This workshop will explore opportunities and issues unique to our state's communities that house parks, other protected lands, and cultural heritage assets.
The workshop will address:
- How do we coordinate across individual communities to offer more amenities, resources, and options?
- How do we balance promoting and protecting the assets that draw people to these amazing places?
- How do we welcome emerging rec and tourism economies, and retain existing attributes and industries?
- How do we enhance relationships between communities, and state, and federal agencies?
A 20% full conference rate discount is available for new registrants that will also be attending the Momentum Workshop. Enter the code PITOPRECONF2017 at checkout through April 30th.
Register for the workshop by May 3rd to email@example.com or 303-919-9054.
Join Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education on May 11th, 9am-11am for a pre-conference session to discuss how environmental and outdoor education programs can support and enhance standards based curriculum and activities being taught both in and outside the classroom.
Conference attendance is not required.
During this session, we will:
- Provide the basics on how to navigate the Colorado State Academic Standards, Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Identify tools to help you correlate programs and lessons to academic standards to better speak to the teachers you serve.
- Share information about available environmental education curriculum guidelines and resources.
Bring a resource with you to get started on your correlations!
Register for the workshop here!
If you would like to add your meeting to this page, please contact Dan Zimmerer or Erin Vogel.