The Colorado Wetlands for Wildlife Program is a voluntary, collaborative, and incentive-based program to restore, enhance and create wetlands and riparian areas in Colorado. Funds are allocated annually to the program - and projects are recommended for funding by a Parks and Wildlife committee with final approval by the Director.
New Funding Available for 2016 - APPLY NOW!
Competitive grant funding opportunities for wetland/riparian restoration, enhancement and creation are available! The application deadline is Friday, June 17, 2016.
NOTE: If using Internet Explorer, please right click on the Microsoft Word document links and choose "Save Target As..." to save the files to your computer.
Up to approximately $2 million. Funding sources include Great Outdoors Colorado
lottery funds. Colorado Parks and Wildlife seeks applications to support its Wetlands Program Strategic Plan
. The intent of this funding is to support the two primary goals of the program:
- Improve the distribution and abundance of ducks, and opportunities for public waterfowl hunting. Applications supporting this goal should seek to improve fall/winter habitat on property open for public hunting (or refuge areas within properties open for public hunting), or improve breeding habitat in important production areas.
- Improve the status of declining or at-risk species. Applications supporting this goal should seek to clearly address habitat needs of these species.
What’s new for 2016
- Available funding has increased compared to recent years, and there is no maximum award limit for individual or block grants.
- Priority species have changed, to be consistent with the 2015 Colorado Wildlife Action Plan.
- A series of fact sheets for priority wildlife species has been developed to assist grant applicants in developing and evaluating habitat improvement projects for these species.
- Scoring criteria have been modified to reward applicants who coordinate project development and review through local Wetland Focus Area Committees.
- CPW applicants must also submit applications through the Advantage360 financial system.
Previous Wetland/Riparian Grant Awards