Effective 1/1/2017: New Regulations for What Constitutes Acceptable Proof of Ownership
Colorado Parks & Wildlife regulations now state that a registration applicant must provide acceptable proof of ownership for boat, snowmobile and off-highway vehicle registrations in the form of one of the following:
Bill of sale* that includes both the seller and buyer's printed names and signatures, the vessel/vehicle identification number (if any), the vessel/vehicle make, model and year (if known), and the date of the sale;
- Previous registration certificate issued by a governmental entity that lists the applicant as registered owner;
- Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MCO)/Manufacturer Statement of Origin (MSO);
- Certificate of Title;
- Any court issued document proving ownership;
- A collection of personal property by affidavit form pursuant to 15-12-1201, C.R.S.; or
- A physical inspection form completed by a CPW agent
*An acceptable private party to private party Bill of Sale Template can be downloaded here for your use.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife strives to make registering your boat, snowmobile or OHV as simple as possible. We know you'd rather be on the water or on the trail than on the phone. See the choices below to register online or get more information.