Sign In
AHRA Water Flow
AHRA Water Flow
Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Map

Announcements

BOR Updat
June, 27 2017
We're going to start following the native down as the flows drop off across the basin. At 12:00 today, 27 Jun, we'll decrease the Twin release by 100 cfs. At 14:00, we'll decrease another 100 cfs. At 16:00, we'll decrease another 100 cfs. After all the gate operations, we'll be releasing 650 cfs. Of this, about 8 cfs is from accounts and the rest is native.
BOR Update
June, 26 2017
The inflows are dropping fast after this weekend. In response, we're going to stop the movement of project water down the Mt Elbert conduit. We'll still pick up Halfmoon diversions. We're also going to decrease the Twin release by 100 cfs at 11:30. This will be the project water release. After the gate operation, we'll be releasing 960 cfs. Of this, about 11 cfs is from accounts and the rest is native.
BOR Update
June, 23 2017
Today, 6-23-17 @ 11:30 Hrs. we will be making a 100 cfs decrease in the Twin Lakes release. After the gate operation the outflow from Twin Lakes will be approximately 1180 cfs.
BOR Update
June, 23 2017
Today, 6-23-17 @ 12:30 Hrs. we will be making an additional 100 cfs decrease in the Twin Lakes release. After the gate operation the outflow from Twin Lakes will be approximately 1080 cfs.
BOR Update
June, 23 2017
GENERAL In order to have sufficient space available for spring imports it is necessary to resume the movement of Project water from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. Twin Lakes Friday, June 23, 2017, at 1200 Hours Convert 100 cfs of the native release from Twin Lakes to a Project run of 100 cfs from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. No gate change will be required. Maintain until further notice.
BOR Update
June, 22 2017
We're going to start bringing the Twin release down as we are able. At 10:15, we'll decrease the release by 90 cfs. At 11:15, we'll decrease the release by another 90 cfs. After that gate operations, we'll be releasing 1300 cfs. Of this, about 20 cfs is from accounts and the rest is native.
BOR Update
June, 19 2017
We're releasing all of the native inflows to Turquoise and Twin Lakes along with native stored out of priority over the weekend. With the warm up, that's a lot of inflow. At 8:45, we're going to increase the release by 100 cfs to 1020 At 9:45, we're going to increase the release by 100 cfs to 1120 At 10:45, we're going to increase the release by 100 cfs to 1220
High Water Advisories
June, 19 2017
High Water Advisories in effect for Pine Creek, the Numbers, and the Royal Gorge. When the river begins to ebb, the advisories will be lifted according to flow levels.
BOR Update
June, 19 2017
Reclamation will increase release to lakbtlco by 160 cfs on 06/19/17. This is native release. +100 @ 1600 +60 @ 1730
BOR Update
June, 19 2017
We're going to continue to increase the Twin release. In addition to the 10:45 increase of 100 cfs, we're going to make 2 more releases. At 11:30, we're going to increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 1320. At 12:30, we're going to increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 1420. That will be all the increases for today.
BOR Update
June, 17 2017
We're going to begin releasing the native inflows to Twin and Turquoise at noon today. At 12:00, increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 520 cfs At 12:45, increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 620 cfs At 13:30, increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 720 cfs At 14:15, increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 820 cfs At 15:00, increase the Twin release by 100 cfs to 920 cfs There's about a 10 to 12 hour travel time between the gates at Twin and the town of Salida. We should begin to see these flows reach at Salida beginning about 10 tonight. This will be at the lower part of the diurnal variation which means these flows will be hitting the town when the natural daily flows are around their low point. You can expect the flows tomorrow morning to be more than 500 cfs higher than they were today because the last of the snow will probably be melting as well.
BOR Update
June, 16 2017
The stage at Wellsville didn't come up as much as I thought it would last night so I'm going to increase the native release from Twin by 100 cfs at 10:00 from 325 to 425 cfs. We will continue to monitor conditions at Wellsville and make changes accordingly. The release will still increase at noon on Saturday. I'll send out an adjusted schedule tomorrow morning.
BOR Update
June, 15 2017
The flows haven't increased as much as I expected at Wellsville so we're going to add another 200 cfs to the Twin release. This increase should get to Wellsville about midnight. We will keep an eye on the flows and work to keep the flows at Wellsville to 2900 cfs. At 11:30 today, increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 225 cfs. At 12:30 today, increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 325 cfs.
BOR Update
June, 14 2017
We're going to start lowering the release from Twin for the FIBARK festival. At 15:00 Decrease the release by 100 cfs to 525 cfs 15:45 Decrease the release by 100 cfs to 425 cfs 16:30 Decrease the release by 100 cfs to 325 cfs 17:15 Decrease the release by 100 cfs to 225 cfs 18:00 Decrease the release by 100 cfs to 125 cfs Maintain the release at 125 cfs until noon, 17 Jun 17. At 12:00 17 Jun 17, increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 225 12:45 increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 225 13:30 increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 325 14:15 increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 425 15:00 increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 525 15:45 increase the release from Twin by 100 cfs to 625 We will continue to increase the release at 08:00 18 Jun 17 until we match the native inflows to Twin Lakes. I'll send out the schedule for that on the 18th when we know what those flows are.
BOR Update
June, 14 2017
[BOR] jumped the gun on that a little. The dam operators will follow this schedule but the releases won't begin until later. Once they begin, expect a 100 cfs decrease every 45 minutes until it reaches 125 cfs.
BOR Update
June, 13 2017
GENERAL The FIBARK races are this weekend. In conjunction with the Colorado Division of Water Resources, Twin Lakes Canal Company and the Arkansas Headwater Recreation Area, we will reduce the native flows from Twin Lakes in support of the races. To maintain space in Twin Lakes, we will discontinue the release down Mt Elbert conduit from 17:00, 13 Jun 17 until 12:00, 17 Jun 17.
BOR Update
June, 13 2017
We're going to continue to increase the Twin release by 100 cfs increments at 14:15, 15:15 and 16:15. After all of the gate operations, we'll be releasing 620 cfs. Of this, 100 cfs is project release, less than 1 cfs is account and the rest is native. Wednesday afternoon, we'll be decreasing the release as necessary to maintain a target flow of 2900 cfs at Wellsville. The travel time to Wellsville is 12 hours. I'll have the total amount we'll be decreasing the release by and the timing on Wednesday afternoon. We will continue to try to maintain a flow of 2900 cfs at Wellsville until Saturday evening. After that, we will begin to gradually increase the flows, beginning about noon Saturday, so that the native inflows to Twin Lakes are being passed down Lake Creek to the Arkansas River.
BOR Update
June, 13 2017
DWR, in consultation with Colorado Canal, has decided to change the timing in the Twin release increase. At 12:15, we're going to begin increasing the flow by 100 cfs. I'll have more details about further increases today in a couple of hours.
BOR Update
June, 13 2017
Colorado Canal anticipates they'll fill their account at Twin Lakes Wednesday around noon. At that time, they'll stop storing the native inflows into Twin Lakes. In anticipation of the release of native inflow, we're going to begin increasing the release from Twin beginning today. At 15:00, we'll increase 100 cfs. At 16:00, we'll increase another 100 cfs and at 17:00, we'll increase another 100 cfs. After the 3 gate operations, we'll be releasing 520 cfs. Of this, 100 cfs is a project release, less than 1 cfs is from accounts and the rest is native. There are scheduled repairs tomorrow, so we won't be making gate operations on Wednesday. On Thursday morning, we'll resume increasing the release to match native inflows. It looks like we'll be increasing another 400 cfs but we'll calculate the native inflow to get a more exact number Thursday morning. We plan to begin increasing the release 100 cfs at a time at 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 and possibly 11:00 and noon. I'll send out an update Thursday morning.
BOR Update
June, 09 2017
GENERAL In order to have sufficient space available for spring imports it is necessary to resume the movement of Project water from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. Twin Lakes Friday, June 9, 2017, at 1600 Hours Increase the Project run from 50 cfs to 100 cfs from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. Maintain until further notice.
BOR Update
June, 08 2017
Today, 6-8-17 @ 10:30 Hrs we will be making a 100 cfs increase in the Twin Lakes release instead of the scheduled 175 cfs increase as Aurora we be decreasing their exchange from Pueblo to Twin Lakes. After the gate operation, we'll be releasing about 2 cfs in account releases, 50 cfs of Project water, and the rest will be native from Halfmoon and Turquoise.
BOR Update
June, 07 2017
Today, 6-7-17 @ 10:30 Hrs we will be making a 175 cfs decrease in the Twin Lakes release as Aurora we be increasing their exchange from Pueblo to Twin Lakes. After the gate operation, we'll be releasing about 2 cfs in account releases and the rest will be native from Halfmoon and Turquoise. Tomorrow, 6-8-17 @ 10:30 Hrs we will be making a 175 cfs increase in the Twin Lakes release as Aurora we be decreasing their exchange from Pueblo to Twin Lakes. After the gate operation, we'll be releasing about 2 cfs in account releases and the rest will be native from Halfmoon and Turquoise.
BOR Update
June, 06 2017
At 1030 this morning, we're going to make a 100 CFS decrease in the Twin release. Aurora began exchange from Pueblo to Twin Lakes. After the gate operation, we'll be releasing about 2 CFS in account released and the rest is native from Halfmoon and Turquoise.
BOR Update
June, 06 2017
GENERAL In order to have sufficient space available for spring imports it is necessary to resume the movement of Project water from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. Twin Lakes Tuesday, June 6, 2017, at 1400 Hours Begin a Project run of 50 cfs from Twin Lakes to Pueblo Reservoir. Maintain until further notice.
BOR Update
June, 05 2017
We're going to make 2 more gate changes this morning. At 10, we're going to decrease the Twin release by 100 cfs. At 11, we're going to decrease by another 50 cfs. After these 2 gate changes, we'll be releasing 253 cfs. Almost all of this is native water from Halfmoon Creek and Turquoise Lake.
BOR Update
June, 04 2017
We decreased the Twin release another 100 cfs this morning at 7:30. The release is now 382 cfs. Almost all of this is native releases from Halfmoon Creek and Turquoise Lake released down Lake Creek.
BOR Update
June, 03 2017
Twin Lakes Canal Company has come into priority and we'll be storing the native inflow into Twin Lakes rather than releasing it down Lake Creek to the Arkansas River. We're going to start decreasing the Twin release. At 0930, we cut 100 cfs. At 10:30, we'll cut another 100 cfs. At 11:30, we'll cut another 100 cfs. At 12:30, we'll cut a final 100 cfs for the day. After the gate operations, we'll be releasing 456 cfs. There's a possibility we'll decrease the release by another 250 cfs tomorrow as well. We'll continue releasing the native flows from Turquoise and Halfmoon Creek down Lake Creek. This is about 200 cfs at the moment
BOR Update
June, 02 2017
It looks like it finally decided to get serious about melting. Runoff is still increasing and we had some rain last night. We're going to increase the native release by 100 cfs at 9:15 and by another 100 cfs at 4:30 this afternoon. After the second gate operation, we'll be releasing 881 cfs. Almost all of this is native.
BOR Update
June, 01 2017
Runoff is still coming up so we're going to increase our native release from Twin Lakes. At 10:30, we'll increase 100 cfs. At 11:00, we'll increase another 100 cfs. At 12:30, we'll increase 50 cfs. After the gate operations, we'll be releasing 688 cfs. Almost all of this is native.
BOR Update
May, 31 2017
We're going to increase the Twin release by 100 cfs at 11:30 and 50 cfs at 15:00 today, 31 May 17. After both gate operations, we'll be releasing 438 cfs. Of this, about 35 cfs is from accounts and the rest is native.
12345678910...

This page depicts the Flow Program Target and the flow of the Arkansas River as measured in cubic feet per second (cfs) at the Wellsville Gage near Salida, CO. This page also tracks, in acre feet (af), the amount of water released as part of the summer component of the Voluntary Flow Program.

WaterFlow Summary

Program Water: 10000 (af)

Flow Program Releases: 0 (af)

Estimated Program Water Remaining: 10000 (af)

WaterFlow Data

DateWellsville FlowFlow Program
6/28/2017 8:15:00 AM21200
6/26/2017 3:15:00 PM25300
6/23/2017 12:00:00 PM34300
6/21/2017 11:15:00 AM40600
6/21/2017 8:00:00 AM41300
6/20/2017 11:00:00 AM43300
6/19/2017 8:00:00 AM37700
6/18/2017 8:00:00 AM33600
6/17/2017 8:00:00 AM26400
6/16/2017 8:00:00 AM24500
6/14/2017 3:15:00 PM26300
6/13/2017 3:00:00 PM27600
6/13/2017 8:00:00 AM29400
6/8/2017 3:15:00 PM27100
6/7/2017 8:00:00 AM29600
6/5/2017 7:15:00 AM26900
6/2/2017 11:15:00 AM21600
6/1/2017 3:15:00 PM17300
5/31/2017 1:15:00 PM14100
5/30/2017 2:15:00 PM10700
5/25/2017 8:00:00 AM8000
5/23/2017 12:00:00 AM10000
5/22/2017 12:00:00 AM11000
5/21/2017 12:00:00 AM12000
5/18/2017 2:15:00 PM14400
12345678910...

WaterFlow Graph

Fixed Range: Default  Week  One Month  Three Months  One Year
Custom Range
Begin Date:
Select a date from the calendar.
End Date:
Select a date from the calendar.

WaterFlow Floating Graph

Water Temps & Daily Averages

DateWellsville Flow Daily Average (cfs)Salida Boat Ramp Temperature
8/25/201443757°F
8/24/201443860°F
8/23/201444560°F
8/22/201446160°F
8/21/201448060°F
8/20/201449760°F
8/19/201454465°F
8/18/201461765°F
8/17/201465165°F
8/16/201469365°F
8/14/201483765°F
8/13/201483765°F
8/12/201484765°F
8/11/201497465°F
8/10/2014100065°F
8/9/2014100065°F
8/8/201496165°F
8/7/2014108065°F
8/6/2014116065°F
8/5/2014112067°F
8/4/2014102067°F
8/3/2014109067°F
8/2/2014117067°F
8/1/2014111067°F
7/31/201495667°F
12345