Please call the Visitor Center before heading to the park to double check weather conditions when planning your visit.
Always take a Mueller State Park trail map with you. You may also like to view our Trails page for additional information.
TRIAL PERIOD FOR PETS ON DESIGNATED TRAILS
For a limited time in 2017, Mueller State Park will be offering a trial period for pets on designated trails. Later this year, we will analyze the data and the issues to determine a future course of management.
THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL APPLY:
- All trail users with dogs must sign in at Grouse Mountain or Black Bear trail register.
- The trial period is June 1 to August 31 ONLY – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- ALL TRAILS ARE NOT OPEN TO PETS – PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAP OF DESIGNATED TRAILS.
- Total length of pet trail is 2.21 miles. It does not make a loop so either you have to return via the campground road or hike back the way you came.
- Waste stations are available every half mile. It is your responsibility to pick up pet waste and dispose of it in provided receptacles.
- Be respectful of other trail users and do not let your pet approach them unless requested.
- Pets must remain on a leash at all times while on the trail and the other end of the leash must be held by a person.
- Pets and humans must remain on the trail.
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON ANY OTHER TRAILS, IN THE BACKCOUNTRY, IN PONDS, PARK BUIDLINGS INCLUDING RENTAL CABINS AND VISITOR CENTER.