Campsite reservations are highly recommended for holidays and weekends.
General Camping Information
Map: View the Vega Brochure and Map.
- To camp in all State Parks, a camping permit and a daily or annual pass is required.
- All campsites are open spring through fall.
- A limited number of campsites are open through the winter.
- A Camper Services building is located adjacent to the Early Settlers campground and has a playground, coin-operated showers, flush toilets and a phone that accepts calling cards or credit cards.
- All campsites have a picnic table and a fire-pit with a grilling grate.
- The handicap accessible sites have a raised grill for easier access.
- A dump station is located south of the dam that is available for all campers to use.
Early Settlers Campground
Early Settlers Campground offers 33 pull-through and back-in sites, with electrical and water hook-ups. Due to the availability of hook-ups at this campground, this site fills up quickly. So be sure to reserve in advance by calling 1-800-678-2267 or from the link on this website. For more information, view the Early Settlers Campground Map.
Aspen Grove Campground
Aspen Grove Campground has 27 pull-through and back-in sites with centrally located water pumps and vault toilets. Aspen Grove offers a number of private, tree-lined sites, wildflower fields and easy access to the Group Picnic Area that is available to rent for reunions, weddings and events. For more information, view the Aspen Grove Campground Map.
Oak Point Campground
Oak Point Campground provides 39 pull-through and back-in sites with centrally located water pumps and vault toilets. Oak Point Campground has easy access to a boat ramp and a wheel-chair accessible fishing pier. View Oak Point Campground Map. For more information, view the Oak Point Campground Map.
For a more unique experience, Pioneer Campground offers 10 walk-in tent sites and 5 rustic cabins with centrally located water pumps and vault toilets. The tent sites were constructed for 10 x 10 size tents and have beautiful views. For more information, view the Pioneer Campground Map.
Pictured above, the handicap accessible Pioneer Tent site.
Sites 134 and 135 are handicap accessible.