Boyd Lake is OPEN for boating.
All boats must be properly registered and equipped in accordance with the State Law.
Safe speed while boating:
Every vessel shall at all times proceed at a safe speed so that proper and effective action can be taken to avoid collision and so that the vessel may be stopped within a distance appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions.
In determining a safe speed the following factors shall be among those taken into account by all vessels.
(1) The state of visibility;
(2) The traffic density including concentration of fishing vessels or any other vessels;
(3) The maneuverability of the vessel with special reference to stopping distance and turning ability in the prevailing conditions;
(4) At night the presence of background light such as from shore lights or from back scatter of its own lights;
(5) The state of wind, sea, and current, and the proximity of navigational hazards;
(6) The draft in relation to the available depth of water.
No vessel shall, under any condition or in any manner, exceed forty (40) miles per hour, except during authorized race events and patrol vessels operating in emergencies.
Aquatic Nuisance Species Inspections
All vessels are required to be inspected for Aquatic Nuisance Species (Zebra Mussels, et al.) prior to launching.
ANS Inspection HoursMarch 2017
- Daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Daily 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
May to September 4th 2017
- Daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Septmeber 5th to September 30th 2017
- Daily from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Daily 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ice dependent)
Please help us protect our waters from these destructive creatures. Take time to read park and boating regulations posted at the boat ramp and help to promote safe boating. The ANS Inspection station is located at the main boat ramp. Outside of inspection hours, boats are required to have valid pre-inspection documentation (seal and receipt) prior to launch.
New for 2017: Recent legislation now requires you to dry your vessel AND remove your plug before driving it on public roads.
(Updated: 8/1/2017 10:06 AM)