DeWeese Reservoir SWA
! STATE WILDLIFE AREA (SWA) ALERT !
From Westcliffe, northwest on HWY 69 for 5 miles, turn north on Copper Gulch Rd to access road.
min. 7,612 ft - max 7,980 ft
Coldwater lake;#Coldwater stream;#
- CPW does not own or lease the recreational boating rights on DeWeese Reservoir SWA. Recreational boating includes but is not limited to power boating, waterskiing, jet skiing, sailing, tubing, etc.
- CPW does own the fishing rights and public boat fishing is still allowed.
- There are no wake less or motor size restrictions for public boat fishing.
- A 1992 court order from Custer County outlines that only those parties owning property in the Lake DeWeese Resort area are allowed to utilize the recreational boating rights on DeWeese Reservoir SWA.
- It also states that there shall be no recreational boat launching from the North side boat ramp.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife reminds visitors to check current hunting, fishing and land use regulations when planning to visit a State Wildlife Area. Refer to the Recreational Lands Brochure
, as well as the Fishing and Hunting Regulation Brochures
located on the Regulations Brochures Page
. State Wildlife Area visitors can also find rules and regulations information in Chapter 9 Regulations
Area CPW Office: Pueblo, (719) 561-5300.