As part of its mission to provide the best recreational experiences for Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) visitors in Colorado, CPW is in the process of developing
Cameo, a 2,000 acre, world-class education and shooting complex located just outside Palisade, Colorado. Cameo will offer state-of-the-art facilities for visitors to safely and enjoyably shoot rifles, pistols, archery, and shotguns. Additionally, Cameo will be an educational facility for the public and a training facility for law enforcement with outdoor training ranges, classrooms and indoor training ranges allowing year round opportunities. We will be offering ongoing programs and classes from introductory through advanced for all forms of hunting, fishing, shooting and other outdoor activities. We will be supporting and providing outreach events to bring new participants to enjoy all that our great outdoors has to offer.
In addition to educational opportunities and regular club or “day use” visitors, CPW anticipates that the complex will draw up to 50,000 visitors (national and international) per year through the promotion of competitive sporting events, including sporting clays, skeet, trap, field archery, 3-D archery, USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, 3-Gun, SASS, Precision Rifle Series, PALMA, F-Class, and Bench Rest. Cameo will also provide visitors special amenities, such as a clubhouse, individual picnic shelters, and RV parking.
Benefits of Being a CPW Corporate Sponsor/Donor
CPW offers sponsorship and donation opportunities to facilitate and support the agency’s park and wildlife initiatives. Sponsorships not only provide financial resources for the development of CPW’s mission, but also foster relationships, promote collaborative stewardship, and increase public awareness.
The benefits of being a CPW Sponsor may include, but are not limited to, playing an active role in the development of CPW programs, facilities, and special events, naming rights, and advertising. Prominent recognition of our generous donors and sponsors may (at the donor’s/sponsor’s discretion) be incorporated into the design of the facility commensurate with the level of contribution.
Cameo’s Sponsorship Opportunities
Cameo affords sponsors and donors a unique and exceptional opportunity to assist in the design, construction, and operation of our proposed facilities, programs and services listed below:
Shooting Ranges & Facilities
- 50 ft all-purpose range (15 positions)
- 25/50 yd pistol range multipurpose (10 positions)
- 50 yd small bore rifle range (10 positions)
- 100 yd rifle range (12 positions) Rifle bay 1
- 100 yd rifle range (20 positions) Rifle bay 2
- 200 yd rifle range (10 positions) Rifle bay 3
- Action Shooting Bays - Rifle and Pistol
- 15 position mobile sporting clays course (set up randomly per event)
- 2 permanent sporting clays courses
- Archery Complex
- 110 yd archery range (10 positions)
- 14 positions archery field course
- Multiple 3-D archery terrain based courses
- 600/1000 yd rifle long range (50 positions)
- Multiple Precision Rifle terrain based courses
- Support Structures
- Range administration building (6,900 sq ft)
- Clubhouse with retail space, classrooms, and visitor center (48,000 sq ft)
- Storage buildings
- Individual picnic shelters
- Multiple outdoor gathering pavilions
- RV parking
- Youth outreach programs for hunting, fishing, shooting, and outdoors activities
- Women’s outreach programs
- Novice outreach programs of all kinds for those who are inexperienced but interested in learning about the opportunities that our great outdoors has to offer
- Specialty events including, but not limited to, pro-am style competitions for youth, women, veterans, wounded warriors, and/or fallen officers benefit events
- Training programs and events for law enforcement and military groups
- Classes of all kinds relating to hunting, fishing, shooting, and the great outdoors
- Day use opportunities for all of the facilities at the Complex
- Memberships of differing durations and levels for access to any or all of the ranges, facilities, and programs
- Retail, maintenance, and repair services of all kinds for our users
It is our goal and our mission that through the new Cameo Shooting and Education Complex we are able to provide the finest venue of its kind to support the re-discovery and expansion our shooting, hunting, fishing, and outdoors heritage.
We invite, encourage, and welcome your support and participation in achieving our goals and completing our mission.
If you are interested in becoming a Cameo sponsor, please review the qualifications below and then submit your ideas.
Sponsorship offers may be submitted electronically (via email) or in hard copy to:
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
1313 Sherman Street, 6th Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Qualifications for Interested Corporate Sponsors
Submittal Information for Corporate Sponsors
Company Information -- Include a cover letter which gives:
- Company Information (personal information if you are an individual who wishes to contribute) including your company name, address of corporate headquarters, address of any local office, number of years in business, entity type (not-for profit corporation, for-profit corporation, etc.) and a description of your line(s) of business.
- A brief, high level description of your sponsorship proposal (less than one page).
- Contact information including email, website and telephone numbers of the primary contact, and any individuals we may contact in the event the primary contact is not available.
- Include any relevant background information about your company as well as other sponsorship commitments that you may have been or are currently involved with.
- Include financial information (recent financial statement or similar documentation)
Describe your sponsorship idea in detail, including areas or events impacted, length of proposal, dollar values, requested contribution from Colorado Parks and Wildlife, including staff time.
Confidential or Proprietary Information
CPW neither requests nor encourages the submission of confidential or proprietary information in sponsorship proposals. Information submitted will be open for public inspection upon completion of the evaluation process and execution of a contract. Should a firm want the State to treat certain information as confidential or proprietary, a written request should be submitted prior to or with the partnership request. The written request for confidentiality/proprietary classification will be reviewed by the Department of Natural Resources Purchasing Director.
The written request must state specifically, and identify by page number or sections of the submittal, what elements of the proposal are to remain confidential. The request must also identify the basis for the claim of confidentiality/proprietary classification. Confidential/propriety information MUST be readily identified, marked and separated/packaged from the rest of the proposal. Co-mingling of confidential/propriety information and other information is not suggested.
Sponsorship Idea Evaluation
An evaluation team will score the sponsorship proposals based upon the following criteria:
Company information is required, but will not be scored.
Company Background will be evaluated based upon financial viability and capabilities, as well as relevant experience.
Evaluation of the Sponsorship Proposal will include:
- Consideration of unique and innovative methods, approaches, or concepts
- Potential contribution of the proposal to the DNR and CPWs mission
- Technical merits, feasibility or techniques of the proposal
- Capabilities, relevant experience, facilities, or techniques or a unique combination of these qualities that are integral factors for achieving the proposal objectives
- Cost benefits to CPW which could include efficient delivery of services, or enhanced quality of service delivered to the public
Partnership ideas accepted by Colorado Parks and Wildlife will be memorialized in a State Contract Agreement.