Sign In
Fishing Season Dates & License Fees
Fishing Season Dates & License Fees

​​​​​​​​​​​​​Season Dates

​​​Annual licenses went on sale mid-march. Licenses are valid April 1 through March 31 annually for fishing, combination fishing and hunting, small game and Colorado waterfowl stamps. These can be purchased at license agents, CPW offices, online or by phone at 1-800-244-5613.

2015 License Dates: April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016

​Purchase of a $10 Habitat Stamp is also required with the purchase of the first hunting or fishing license of the 2014 season.

Waters of Colorado are open to taking fish, amphibians, mollusks and crustaceans both day and night, year-round, except as otherwise provided in the Fishing Regulations Brochure. Also, see the interactive Fis​hing​ Regulations Brochure which features videos, links and magnification for easy reading. A hardcopy of the brochure is available at all CPW Offices and license agents statewide

​Free Fishing Days

You can fish in Colorado without a license only on the first full weekend of June, each year. All other rules and regulations apply.


For individuals aged 18 through 64, a $10 Habitat Stamp is required with the first license purchase for the year (April 1 - March 31 annually). For more information, read about the Habitat Stamp. If you are disabled, you may not need a Habitat Stamp. See disability information.

Annual (16 and older)$26.00$56.00
Small Game & Fishing combo (If born after 1948, you must show hunter education card)$41.00N/A
Senior Annual (64 years and older)
Colorado residents only
2nd Rod Stamp (Available to licensed residents, licensed nonresidents and youth under 16 years, licensed or unlicensed.) $5.00$5.00
Youth (Under 16 - second-rod charge still applies)FreeFree
Fe​es include a .25 cent search & rescue fee, and a .75 cent Wildlife Council​ ​​fee. $10 Habitat Stamp will be added to 1st license purchase of the year (April 1 to March 31).

Options for purchasing licenses and a Habitat Stamp

  • Buy Online
  • Call (800) 244-5613
  • Buy in person at a Colorado Parks and Wildlife offices or license agent.

For more information on Habitat Stamp changes, see Habitat Stamp Basics.