Sign In
Off-Highway Vehicles
Off-Highway Vehicles
OHV riding at AHRA

Off-highway vehicles must be registered with Colorado Parks and Wildlife​. Off-highway vehicles (OHVs) include motorcycles, dirt bikes​, three-wheelers, ATVs, and dune buggies that a​​re operated on public land or trails in Colorado.​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​From the plains and foothills to the high peaks of Colorado, your off-highway vehicle is your ride to many beautiful, scenic, and historic destinations.

Before your adventure begins, familiarize yourself with Colorado’s Off-Highway Vehicle Program, and its related information and brochures on this Website, to ensure your safety and enjoyment as a responsible rider.

Colorado residents registering a new vehicle, renewing a registration and non-residents seeking permits for out-of-​state vehicles help fund trail maintenance and construction, trailheads, parking areas, trail signs, maps, and land acquisition. Off-highway recreation vehicles must be registered with Colorado State Parks’ Off-Highway Vehicle Program.

Staff listed below are not in the Registration Unit and can not access the Vehicle Registration System. For registration questions, information and assistance you must call the Registration Unit at 303-791-1920.

 OHV Registration

OHVs operated in Colorado need to be registered if you are a Colorado resid​ent or permitted for nonresidents. For complete registration or permitting instructions, visit the OHV Registration page.

 Agency Staff Contacts

Tom Metsa
OHV Program Manager
13787 S. Hwy. 85,
Littleton, Colorado 80125
303.791.1957 X4132

Jeannie MacMurtrie
Program Assistant
13787 S. Hwy. 85
Littleton, Colorado 80125
303.791.1957 X4149

Ryan Crabb
Southwest Trails Coordinator
303.791.1957 x4129

Randy Engle
Northwest Trails Coordinator
970.434.6862 x221

Russel Hanson
Southeast Trails Coordinator
4255 Sinton Road, Colorado Springs,CO 80907

Nick Dellaca
6060 Broadway 
Denver, CO 80216

 Trail Etiquette and Safety

Before heading out on any OHV trail it is important to know the etiquette and safety while r​​​iding an OHV. Follow these safety tips so you can enjoy your outdoors experience.​​

 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Safety and Equipment

Before heading out to experience all of the opportunities that Colorado offers for OHV's throughout the state it is important to know OHV ​safety and equipment. This can help you understand the "rules of the road" and how to practice safe OHV riding behavior for those looking to head out for the first time​.​

 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Grant Program

OHV Grants are available for projects related to recreational use of Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs) on lands open to the public. OHVs include: trail motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and four-wheel drive vehicles. Funds are provided from OHV registration fees through the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Fund. 

>>Read More