All license applications for the spring turkey, fall turkey, big-game primary and big-game secondary draws only available online (cpwshop.com) or by phone (1-800-244-5613).
Apply for the draw(s):
Be sure to have the following information handy:
Residency status determines most CPW fees.
You’ll also need to have proper identification.
Prior to applying for the draw(s), you must have your
hunter education if born after Jan. 1, 1949.
Prior to applying for the big-game draw(s), all applicants will first need to purchase a
qualifying license, available starting March 1. The spring and fall turkey draws do not require a qualifying license.
Qualifying licenses are:
Annual resident, nonresident or youth small game
Annual resident or senior combination small game/fishing
- Resident or nonresident spring turkey
Resident veterans lifetime combination small game/fishing
Resident first responder lifetime combination small game/fishing
- Resident senior lifetime fishing with an annual small-game license upgrade to a combination small game/fishing
If you are ages 18–64, one annual Habitat Stamp for the current license year (or lifetime Habitat Stamp) is required and will automatically be added to your qualifying license purchase, if applicable. The Habitat Stamp will be added to your spring or fall turkey license automatically, if applicable.
When you submit your application, you will only be charged the application processing fee per species for both the big-game primary and secondary draws.
When you submit your spring or fall turkey application, you will only be charged the application processing fee. You must apply separately for these draws; fall turkey applications are not accepted before May 1.
Your credit card information will be kept on file and only charged the license fee if you are awarded a license from the draw(s).
If you opt in to pay the new Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, mountain goat and/or moose preference point fee, your credit card will be charged if you are unsuccessful in the draw(s).
What about unsuccessful draw options?
There are no longer unsuccessful options for the draw process.
In past years, when filling out your deer or elk draw application, you could choose from several options (depending on the species) in the event you were unsuccessful in the draw, such as requesting an OTC license, entering the leftover draw or not receiving anything. This step has been removed from the draw process.
Instead, customers will have the opportunity to enter the secondary draw for elk, deer, pronghorn and bear. Also, over-the-counter unlimited licenses will be available for purchase starting Aug. 3 at 9 a.m. MT.
The group leader must apply first, and then all group members must enter the group leaders CID, and match the group leaders hunt code choices in order to successfully apply for the draw as a group.
See the online group application for more information.
Spring turkey draw: posted Feb. 23
Fall turkey draw: posted June 7
- Sheep & Goat, posted April 20
- Big Game, posted May 24-28
Before the draw date(s), log-in to your CPW account and make sure the following are current and accurate:
- Mailing address for any licenses you draw
- Email address to receive draw notifications
- Credit card number and expiration date
Spring turkey: MARCH 9
Fall turkey: JUNE 17
- Sheep & Goat, MAY 4
- Big Game, JUNE 11
Important Information About Payment
- If you are successful in the draw(s), your credit card on file in your online account will automatically be charged. It is your responsibility to check your account and pay for any license you draw.
- The payment deadline is final.
- All successful licenses will be mailed after payment is received.
If we are unable to charge your credit card on file in your online account for your license, we’ll attempt to notify you via email (be sure to check your spam folder).
- It’s still your responsibility to check your online account and pay for any license you draw.
- If you are successful in the draw(s) and do not pay for your license by the payment deadline, your license will be surrendered and you will lose both the license and any preference points you used to draw it.
To clear a rejected payment:
- If our first attempt to collect money from your credit card on file was unsuccessful, you’ll be sent a notification email to the email address on file in your online account.
- Directions for paying for your license will be included in the email.