Sign In
Fees & Permits
Fees & Permits

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Parks Passes

  • Daily Vehicle P​​ass: $10
  • Individual Daily Pass: (Only for individuals accessing the park WITHOUT a motor vehicle. This includes by foot or bicycle.) $4
  • Annual Vehicle Pass​ (affixed to vehicle) ​: $80
  • Family Annual Pass$120
  • Aspen Leaf Annual Pass (Colorado Resident 64+)​: $70

For more information on passes, including purchasing multiple vehicle passes, large quantity discounts and specialty passes such as disability, military, etc., see the Parks Pass Informatio​n page.


Note: Additional reservation fee of $10.

Group Events/Picnic Areas

  • Auditorium: $100
  • Fountain Valley Overlook: $75 (Mon-Fri), $150 (Sat-Sun)
  • Lyons Overlook: $150 (Mon-Fri), $300 (Sat-Sun)
​​For detail​s, see the Visitor Center (Auditorium) and Weddings (Overlooks) pages.

Special Activity Agreements / Permits

​A Special Activity Agreement (SAA)/ Permit may be required if you want to do an unusual activity or hold an organized group activity.

What kinds of events usually require a Special Activity Permit?

Some examples are:

  • Professional photography
  • Photography​ used for advertising
  • Filming
  • Commercial Events
  • Businesses conducting sales, programs, guides or any business on park property
  • Weddings
  • Running events
  • Unguided school or church groups
  • Organized groups
  • Group skills training

Photo permits are required for professional photography and photography used for a business of any kind. Our most common photo​ permit is $60, which consists of a $30 processing fee and a $30 flat-rate fee per calendar quarter.

In order to promote responsible outdoor ethics among our visitors, a discount is now available for photographers who complete the free Leave No Trace 101 Online Course. After completion of the course, save your certificate of completion to receive an additional quarter FREE on your next permit application! (Offer only once per photographer)

I would like to host another kind of event, can I still get a SAA?

If you have another kind of event in mind or if you are unsure if your event is suitable for Roxborough State Park, please contact the park at 303-973-3959 or by email at with details about your event or activity and we will let you know if you are in need of a Special Activity Agreement.

How soon should I apply for a Special Activity Permit?

Please submit your application at least 90 days ahead of the date of your event or activity to see if you need to complete a special activity agreement. In some cases, such as for a photography permit, a shorter application period is allowed.

  • Please Note: Applications that are not submitted for consideration far enough in advance may be rejected due to lack of availability or application processing time.​

What forms do I need to fill out to apply for a permit?​

​​Please fill out this Special Activity Agreement Application for your event or group. If you are applying for a basic photo permit, please fill out this Photo Permit. Please submit all forms by email (preferred)​ to​ or in-person prior to your event.​

  • A non-refundable $30 processing fee is required with each application.

  • Additional fees will be determined by park management and may include entrance fees, staff impact and percent of gross sales fees.

  • All fees are in addition to park pass/entrance fees unless otherwise noted.

For more information, please call 303-973-3959 or email​.

The Parks and Wildlife Commission has the authority to raise daily individual/walk-in or vehicle entry fees by up to $1 per year, and annual passes up to $10 per year.