Customers Must Show Photo Identification to purchase Colorado Parks and Wildlife Products
Pursuant to the Secure and Verifiable Identity Document Act, 24-72.1-103 resident and non-resident customers purchasing Colorado Parks and Wildlife products must show valid identification. State and Federal government documents that are verifiable by law enforcement are the only acceptable identification customers can use.
Valid Forms of Secure and Verifiable Identification:
- Valid Colorado Driver License, Colorado Driver Permit or Colorado Identification Card.
- Renewed Colorado Driver Licenses, ID’s, Driver Permits issued after July 2013 that have a gold or black star in the upper right hand corner.
- Out of state issued photo Driver License or photo Identification card including any territory or possession of the United States (Puerto Rico, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, Northern Mariana Islands and any other territory or possession of the U.S.)
- U.S. Passport
- Valid Foreign Passport with I-94 (I-94 arrival and departure admission stamp or document). Exception: Canadian Passport may not have 1-94 attached.
- Valid I551 resident alien/permanent resident card otherwise known as a green card.
- Valid U.S. Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, VA, reserve and national guard)
- Employment Authorization Card (EAD) with intact photo
- Colorado Department of Corrections or Federal Bureau of Prisons ID Card
- Tribal Identification Card with intact photo (U.S. or Canadian)
- Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship with intact photo
Documents NOT acceptable:
- Matricula Consular Cards
- NO border crosser or USA B1/B2 Visa/ BCC (border crossing card)
- Driver Licenses issued from another Country
- Colorado Driver Licenses, ID’s, Driver Permits issued after July 1, 2013 without a gold star
- Un-expired ID cards that were issued in the early 90’s
- Colorado Driver Licenses, ID’s Driver Permits that state “Not Valid for Federal ID, Voting or Public Benefit” (black line licenses).
Colorado "blackline" licenses may not be used as secure and verifiable identification or to prove residency.
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of residency is still required from customers purchasing resident licenses and park passes. Refer to your proof of residency placard for acceptable documentation.
*Youths under the age of 18 who do not have secure and verifiable documentation and whose parent or legal guardian is present, can use their parent or legal guardian’s ID for verification of who they are. Youths without a parent present need secure and verifiable documentation to purchase licenses.