Sign In
Leftover & OTC Licenses
Leftover & OTC Licenses


Purchase onlinegreen license agent list buttonCall a hunt planner button: 303-291-7526​​

More on Big Game Licenses

To read more about the different types of big game licenses and purchasing options, please visit the Big Game Licenses Options page. If you have any questions, please contact CPW at 303-297-1192.


big game brochure cover 


Big Game Hunting Brochure


Know Before You Go

Closures of areas can change quickly and your hunting destination or access route may be affected. Prior to license purchase, learn about closures and plan alternative routes and areas to hunt.

For more information, please visit the Road Closures and Alerts page.

​ ​​​
Mule deer buck

Leftover Big Game and Fall Turkey Limited Licenses, Reissued Big Game Licenses and Over-the-Counter Fall Turkey Licenses

How to Purchase - Leftover licenses are now on sale.​

Leftover day purchase guide

See the step-by-step guide to purchasing leftover licenses through​

What documentation do I need to buy a leftover license?

See more important details in the Required Leftover License Documentation flyer.

2018 Leftover List

These licenses have gone through the draw process and still have quota remaining. For example, if there were 1000 licenses for a certain elk hunt code, and only 100 people applied in the draws for that hunt code, there would be 900 leftover limited licenses remaining. ​FLOAT = Hunt code is part of a float group. Refer to first hunt code in group for quota.​

View over-the-counter with caps license list button 


Advance purchase of leftover hunting licenses - Active duty military members who are deployed outside of the United States and are stationed in Colorado or a Colorado resident can pur​chase leftover licenses after the draw and prior to the annual leftover purchase date (normally available end of July​). A military lefto​ver application​ must be completed and restrictions do apply. 

Preference points while deployed outside the U.S. - Any active duty member of the United States Armed Forces stationed at any military facility in Colorado and actively deployed outside the United States, or any active duty member of the United States Armed Forces who is a Colorado resident and is deployed​ outside the United States, shall be allowed preference for the purchase of leftover licenses. 

Reissued Licenses

The reissue of big game limited licenses begins on August 14. For more information, please see the License Refund & Reissue page.

Black bear Over-the-counter Big Game with Caps Bear Licenses 

Licenses are limited in number and only available first-come, first-served starting at 9am on August 8, 2019. Licenses with Caps are now available for purchase online, by phone at 1-800-244-5613 or at CPW locations and license agents.​​​​​​​​​​​

Please note that OTC with caps rifle bear licenses have season participation rules. Rules can be found in the big game brochure.​


Cow Elk Over-the-Counter Big Game Unlimited Licenses 

These licenses are unlimited in number and available in a range of units and seasons.There are unlimited OTC licenses for cow and either-sex archery elk, bull elk in the 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons, either -sex elk in the plains, either-sex archery pronghorn, and doe and either-sex whitetail deer. They are restricted to certain units and manners of take.

For game management units and dates, refer to the "Over the Counter License Availability" section in the Maps page and the big game brochure.

Note: These licenses are listed in the online system without a hunt code or you can ask for the specific OTC license by phone or in person. OTC whitetail deer licenses are only available at CPW offices. 

View over-the-counter with caps license list button
​ ​​​​​​​​​​​

More Information

To read more about the different types of big game licenses and purchasing options, please visit the Big Game Licenses Options page. If you have any questions, please contact CPW at 303.297.1192.