Float your boat in the lake, bicycle or hike on a trail that provides scenic views of the neighboring foothills and Platte River valley, camp, ride a horse and even fly a model airplane - all at Chatfield State Park, nestled next to the foothills southwest of Denver.
Boaters of all types – from water skiers to fishing enthusiasts to canoeists and sailors - enjoy Chatfield Reservoir’s waters. Boat rentals, a floating restaurant and a marina are also available at Chatfield. Campers have their choice of 197 campsites all with electrical hookups and many with full hookups (water, sewer and electric), in
four campgrounds at Chatfield. All campsites are within walking distance to the lake and have picnic tables and grills. Facilities include flush toilets, hot showers, laundry, centrally located water, fire ring and a sanitary waste station. In addition to the 197 single-family campsites offered at Chatfield, there are ten reservable Group Camping sites available. Please call Aspira at 1-800-244-5613 or go to www.cpwshop.com for reservations.
Please do your part to visit parks responsibly:
- Only recreate within 10 miles of your home
- Wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Practice social distancing, spread out on trails (6ft away from others)
- Avoid creating crowds around trailheads
- Purchase annual park passes and fishing licenses online at cpwshop.com before you come to the park to reduce long waits at park entry stations
- If we reach park capacity, we follow one car in one car out rules.
- Visit the park during non-peak hours (before 9am, after 4pm) or on weekdays
- A park pass does not guarantee admission on busy days. Annual pass holders cannot drive around lines when we hit capacity.
- Be kind to others! We are all in this together.