Chatfield Camping Fee Increases for 2019
With the passage of Senate Bill 18-143, CPW is able to adjust pricing to meet the pressures of increased management costs and resource usage across the state. These adjustments allow the agency to continue our conservation mission, while also ensuring transparency and accountability in working to achieve the ten key goals laid out in the bill.
- The new fees will start January 1st, 2019.
For information on fee changes at Chatfield see the fee page, or to read more about the fee increases for the whole agency see the 2019 Pricing Adjustments page.
A popular activity at Chatfield is individual and group camping. Camping reservations are required in addition to the parks pass. To ensure everyone a safe and peaceful camping experience, please follow campground regulations.
General Camping Information
Camping reservations for individual sites and group loops cannot be made by calling Chatfield State Park.
- Reservations can be made online or made over the phone through Aspira by calling at 1-800-244-5613.
- Reservations for camping at Chatfield can be made up to six months in advance. Starting April 1, 2019 you will be able to reserve up to the day you want to camp and reservations will be required to occupy any campsite at Chatfield.
- Full hook up camping is only available seasonally mid-April to mid-October pending warm temperatures.
Chatfield offers showers for a fee.
- Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
- Check-in time is 1:00 pm.
See Chatfield’s Fees page for more information on park fees.
Camper Size Limitations: The Deer Creek Entrance has a height limitation of 13'0". Camping units taller than this should use the park’s Plum Creek Entrance at 11500 N. Roxborough Park Road, Littleton, CO 80125.
- Four camping areas boast 197 sites.
- All campsites are surrounded by native grass, are within walking distance to the lake and have picnic tables and grills.
- Facilities include pull-through or back-in campsites, flush toilets, hot showers, laundry, centrally located water, firewood and a sanitary waste station.
- 146 sites are classified as full hook-up (water, sewer, & electricity provided) located in A, B and D Loops.
- The remaining 51 sites in Loop C have electricity only. All electrical pedestals have a 20, 30 and 50 amp plug.
- Thirty four sites in Loops B and C have detached tent pads. Twelve campsites are accessible to people with disabilities.
- A specially designed shower attachment is also available by request from the Campground Registration Building.
Group Camping Information
- There are four electrical pedestals (20, 30, and 50 amp plug on each pedestal) and one water hydrant at each group site. Each site allows for 6 camping units and up to 36 people.
- No more than 4 units can use the electrical hook-ups, one plug per outlet.
- Showers and restrooms are located in the group area.
- No amplified sound systems, including amplified musical instruments are allowed in the group camping area.
- From mid-October to mid-April the shower house and bathrooms are closed for the winter.
- $10.00 reservation fee does apply to Group Camping reservations.
The water hookups will be turned off mid-October and will be turned back on in early April pending warm temperatures.
- During the winter the only loop open for camping will be C-Loop (sites 103-153). C-Loop is open year round and reservations can be made 6 months prior to your arrival by calling 1-800-244-5613.
- The RV dump station will remain open year round for potable water and emptying holding tanks.
- The facilities in D-loop will remain open through the winter camping season: restrooms, showers and laundry facilities. D-loop campsites are closed for the winter season.