Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
A popular activity at Chatfield is individual and group camping. Camping reservations are required in addition to the parks pass. To ensure everyone a safe and peaceful camping experience, please follow campground regulations.
General Camping Information
Reservations can be
made online or made over the phone through Aspira by calling at 1-800-244-5613.
Camping reservations for individual sites and group loops cannot be made by calling Chatfield State Park.
- Reservations for camping at Chatfield can be made the day you plan to arrive at the park or up to six months in advance.
- Full hook up camping is only available seasonally mid-April to mid-October pending warm temperatures. Electric-only campsites are available year-around.
- Chatfield offers coin operated showers and laundry facilities in centrally located service buildings throughout the campground. These services are only for the use of campers with valid reservations.
- Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
- Check-in time is 1:00 pm.
See Chatfield’s Fees page for more information on park fees.
Camper Size Limitations: The Deer Creek Entrance has a height limitation of 13'0". Camping units taller than this should use the park’s Plum Creek Entrance at 11500 N. Roxborough Park Road, Littleton, CO 80125.
- Four camping areas boast 197 sites.
- All campsites are surrounded by native grass, are within walking distance to the lake and have picnic tables and grills.
- Facilities include pull-through or back-in campsites, flush toilets, hot showers, laundry, centrally located water, firewood and a sanitary waste station.
- 146 sites are classified as full hook-up (water, sewer, & electricity provided) located in A, B and D Loops.
- The remaining 51 sites in Loop C have electricity only. All electrical pedestals have a 20, 30 and 50 amp plug.
- Thirty four sites in Loops B and C have detached tent pads. Twelve campsites are accessible to people with disabilities.
- A specially designed shower attachment is also available by request from the Campground Registration Building.
Group Camping Information
- There are four electrical pedestals (20, 30, and 50 amp plug on each pedestal) and one water hydrant at each group site. Each site allows for 6 camping units and up to 36 people.
- No more than 4 units can use the electrical hook-ups, one plug per outlet.
- Showers and restrooms are located in the group area.
- No amplified sound systems, including amplified musical instruments are allowed in the group camping area.
- From mid-October to mid-April the shower house and bathrooms are closed for the winter.
- $10.00 reservation fee does apply to Group Camping reservations.
The water hookups will be turned off mid-October and will be turned back on in early April pending warm temperatures.
- During the winter the only loop open for camping will be C-Loop (sites 103-153). C-Loop is open year round and reservations can be made 6 months prior to your arrival by calling 1-800-244-5613.
- The RV dump station will remain open year round for potable water and emptying holding tanks.
- The facilities in D-loop will remain open through the winter camping season: restrooms, showers and laundry facilities. D-loop campsites are closed for the winter season.