Camping is offered year-round at 36 grassy campsites, accommodating tents or RVs.
Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-244-5613 or by visiting
Check in time for a campsite is 1 p.m.
Each campsite is equipped with a grill, fire ring, and picnic table.
Most campsites are a mix of sun and shade.
- There are no electrical hook-ups.
- Capacity for each campsite is six people.
- Campers must have a reservation and a Park Pass.
- RVs and other vehicles are not allowed on the grass.
There are three walk-in tent-only sites; numbers 10, 11 and 12.
Tents may set up anywhere in the grassy areas behind the campsite as long as they are not encroaching on another campsites.
The campground routinely reaches capacity during the summer; please reserve early.
For more information about the campground layout, see the
Bookcliff Campground map or visit
CPWshop.com to see pictures of individual campsites.
Bookcliff Campground Pricing (per night)
|November 1 to February 28, 2020||March 1 to October 31, 2020 |
|Basic Campsite: $14.00||Basic Campsite: $28.00|
Campers can enjoy coin-operated hot showers and laundry facilities at the Camper Services Building.
A dump station, water spigots, and dumpsters are available year-round.
Winter campers enjoy the mild climate and relatively little snow accumulation at the park. The campground makes a great base camp for nearby mountain activities. Hiking at the Colorado National Monument along with skiing and snowshoeing at Powderhorn Mountain Resort or only a short drive away.
Group Camping Area
NO RVs, including pop-ups, motorhomes, slide-ins or pull-behinds are allowed in the group camping area.
- A large grassy, shaded area, with shelter, modern restroom building, electricity, water, over-size grill, fire ring, volleyball and horseshoes!
- There are several picnic tables in the area, which can be used under the brick shelter.
- Up to 100 persons can camp in the area, and 150 persons can picnic there for a day (from 7 am to 10 pm); Park Manager approval is required for more than 100 campers, or more than 150 picnickers during the day.
Group Campground Pricing (per night)
|$180.00 for the first night (40 campers*)|
$90.00 for each additional night (40 campers*)
$10.00 one-time, non-refundable reservation fee
|*For groups larger than 40 people, an additional $28/night will be added per group of additional ten campers.|