Reissue of Limited Licenses
MOST limited licenses returned for refund or preference point restoration will now be reissued, pursuant to
Colorado Wildlife Regulation Chapter 16, Article IV, #1670.
ALL reissued licenses are still subject to annual bag limits and refund/preference point restoration regulations.
- Sheep, goat and moose licenses continue to be reissued to the next person in the draw order as in years past.
**NEW** ALL Public Ranching for Wildlife Hunts will now be manually reissued to the next person in the draw order.
- Due to contractual obligations, Public Ranching for Wildlife licenses can no longer be reissued less than
14 days prior to the start of the season for which the hunt code is valid, which is a change from 30 days in previous years.
5 or More Preference Points
Returned deer, elk, pronghorn and bear hunt codes that took 5 or more resident preference points to draw, in the current years draw, will be reissued to the next person in the draw order.
These reissued licenses
will require the use of preference points as per regulation if accepted.
If one of the first 5 customers contacted, per returned license, do not accept it, the license will then be reissued utilizing the current leftover lists.
4 or Less Preference Points
All other returned limited licenses, excluding public Ranching for Wildlife, will be available to any of the public who meet licensing and education requirements.
These returned limited licenses reissued utilizing the current leftover list will NOT require the use of preference points.
Limited licenses will continue to be reissued as long as a sufficient number of licenses are returned or unsold.
The Reissue Process
Reissued licenses will be available on the leftover list.
- Leftover licenses go on sale starting August 3rd, 2021.
- All additional reissued hunt codes that are not on the initial leftover list will be added starting August 11th, 2021.
The following, revised, reissue process begins March 23rd, 2021:
- The reissue preview list will be posted Tuesdays at 11 am MT.
Wednesdays starting at 11 am MT, licenses for hunt codes that were on the reissue preview list become available for sale and are added to the Leftover List.
- March 23rd spring turkey reissue previews start.
- August 10th big game and fall turkey reissue previews start.
The reissue preview list will be cleared after sales begin on Wednesday and will repopulate the following Tuesday.
- March 24th spring turkey reissued licenses will appear on the leftover list.
- August 11th big game and fall turkey reissued licenses will appear on the leftover list.
- No new hunt codes will be added to the leftover list after 1 pm MT on Wednesdays.
Will the reissue preview list be available all year?
- The first reissue preview list will be available Tuesday, March 23rd for spring turkey and the first reissue preview list for big game will be available August 10th (the week after leftovers go on sale).
- The reissue preview list will not be available after spring turkey season ends.
What happens if there are no hunt codes available for this week?
If there are no hunt codes available for reissue this week, the reissue preview list will get a blank report with the following message: “There are no reissued licenses scheduled for release this week”.