Camping in Cheyenne Mountain State Park offers the best of both worlds!
Step out of your tent or RV and onto one of our 21 trails, which span over 27+ miles of CMSP wilderness. If you prefer having all the comforts, conveniences, tourist hot spots and other amenities that cities offer, then you'll be glad to know that the campground is a mere 10 minute drive from downtown Colorado Springs - and a short drive from many nearby attractions.
Things to note when considering camping at CMSP:
- Campground open year-round
- 51 Full Hook-Up sites
- 10 Basic Tent sites
- Showers and coin-operated laundry (Seasonal; These amenities are for active campers only.)
- Demand for the sites is high and the campgrounds are usually reserved well in advance (often the maximum of 6 months).
Open for year-round camping, we have four campgrounds consisting of spacious full hook-up and basic tent sites. Reservations can be made on every site in the Summer; while Winter season reservations are limited to the loop available.
Our Camper Services building is located in the center of the four campground loops; open from April to October it offers coin operated showers, laundry room, and an activity room. It has an adjacent fenced playground area for the kids!
View camping fees.
Pictures and details of every site in their respective campground:
Planning a group event? Cheyenne Mountain now offers Turkey Roost, a private group camping loop. Featuring 16 12x12 tent pads, private toilet facilities, and an exclusive picnic area and fire ring, Turkey Roost has everything you need to host up to 36 people. Turkey Roost is available for reservation from April through October on the CPWshop Cheyenne Mountain Reservations page.
The park has two cabins in the Meadow Campground that are surrounded by scrub oak, have easy access to trails and the disc golf course. Cabin A is decorated with a light-hearted nature theme with an amazing view of Cheyenne Mountain from its picture window. Cabin B has delightful casual decorations and a spectacular view of the city lights below. Both cabins are ADA accessible, providing universally accessible entrances, bathroom and kitchen facilities. Click on images to enlarge. The
CPWShop Cheyenne Mountain Reservations page has more cabin images.
Cabin A front drive, patio and inside overview.
Cabin B front porch and inside overview.
These are "sleeper cabins." While they have the feeling of comfortable tiny homes, they are not equipped with all of the necessities.
- Utilities: Central air conditioning, natural gas heating, Electric lighting, ceiling fan and several outlets
- There is no WIFI available. Cell and mobile data service is typically strong in the area
- Furniture: Queen over queen log bunk bed with pillowtop mattresses (sleeps 4), Sofa sleeper with queen size mattress (sleeps 2), Coffee and side tables, Wood kitchen table with 4 chairs and bench that seats 2
- Bathroom: Flush toilet, sink, mirror, shower, One bath mat, hair dryer, paper towels, toilet paper and hand soap
- Kitchenette: Small capacity refrigerator with separate freezer, Sink (with city water), counter space, drawers and pantry cabinets, tableware/dishes and flatware service for 6, Microwave, 5 cup coffee pot (with filters), toaster and hot pot to boil water, grill tools, wood spoons, pitcher, cutting board, trivet, serving bowls, colander, can opener and corkscrew, 4 kitchen towels, paper towels, hand soap, dish soap, dish drying rack and cleaning supplies
- Outside: ADA accessible, paved sidewalk from parking to porch, paved parking with room for only two vehicles maximum, private back patio (includes ADA accessible picnic table, 4 decks chairs, Fire pit, Natural Gas BBQ grill with grill tools, front porch with two Adirondack chairs
- Additional amenities: lamp, alarm clock with 2 USB ports and luggage rack
Linens not provided: Bed linens, pillows, blankets, towels and washcloths
- Firewood not provided: You can bring it, or we sell bundles at the park
- Maximum occupancy is 6 people.
NO SMOKING and NO PETS are allowed in the cabin.
- Additional camping (in RV, trailer or tents) is not permitted at the cabin
Planning Your Cabin Stay
- Check in time is 3 pm and check out is 12:00 noon.
- Both cabins require a 2 night minimum stay. On holidays, there is a 3 night minimum stay.
- Cleaning or room service during your stay is not included.
Cabin reservation fees DO NOT include required daily park entrance fees. Visitors will need to purchase an annual Park Pass, or a
daily pass upon arrival to the park.
- Don’t forget to bring your confirmation letter with the access code to the cabin.