The Fruita Section is in the City of Fruita, ½ mile south of exit 19, off of
Interstate 70. The Colorado National Monument, McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area and a vast network of mountain bike trails are a short drive away.
Fruita section map.
- Reservations can be made the day you plan to arrive at the park or up to six months in advance.
- Camping reservations can be made online for Island Acres or by calling 1-800-244-5613.
The Fruita section campground provides:
- 57 sites (22 full-hook up, 22 electric, 13 tent)
- Walk-in tent camping.
- All electric sites plus full hook-up sites 25 and 36 are 30 amps.
- Full hook-up sites 1-12 and 37-44 are 50 amps.
- Full hook-up sites and the camper services building close for the season from November 1 through April 1. Electric sites and tent sites are still available during this time.
- All campsites have fire rings, picnic tables and stand up grills.
- Coin showers and laundry are available from early spring through fall.
- A visitor center and bookstore.
- Great fishing.
- Walking distance to the Dinosaur Journey Museum.
- Walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
- Views of the Grand Valley and the Bookcliffs and Colorado National Monument.
Fruita also provides a group campground for up to 36 people. To reserve the group campground call the park office at (970) 858-9188.
City of Fruita Odor Mitigation
The City of Fruita continues their work to mitigate intermittent odors associated with the closure of their waste water facility adjacent to these campsites. Campers should be aware that hot temperatures and winds blowing to the SE will have a negative impact on the quality of their stay until that situation is completely resolved.
local attractions and activities in the area.