Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
The mild southeastern Colorado climate provides great year-round camping at John Martin Reservoir State Park.
Campsite reservations may be made by calling 1-800-244-5613 or by reserving online.
Lake Hasty Campground
The Lake Hasty Campground is open year round with electrical hookups (20, 30 and 50 amp) at each of the 109 sites.
View the Lake Hasty Campground Map.
- All vehicles must have a park pass.
- All sites are at least 60 feet long accommodating any size RV, motor home, trailer, camper or tent.
- This campground is located below the dam.
- In winter, 51 sites remain open.
- Pets are allowed in the campground and at the park while on a 6ft leash.
- There is a limit of two vehicles and two tents per site.
The Lake Hasty Campground offers:
Electrical hookups at each site.
A camper services building with flush restrooms, a laundry room,and coin-operated shower facilities (Open April 1 to October 31).
Fish-cleaning station (April 1 to September 30) .
North comfort station (Open April 13 to September 30).
Centralized water hydrants (water remains on year round).
Trees and a playground.
Dump station, which remains open year round.
- Natural or man-made shade is available at each site in Lake Hasty.
- Potable water is available in various locations throughout the campground, including during the winter.
The Point Campground
The Point Campground is a basic campground with 104 sites located on the north shore of John Martin Reservoir.
Sites 61-73, & 76-96 are closed from Nov 1 to March 15 for bald eagle resting.
- There are vault toilets available in each loop, however there are no electrical hookups or water. People camping at the Point Camprgound are welcome to use any of the facilities at John Martin Reservoir State Park.
- Sites 242-279 in the Point Campground are open year round.