Mueller Camping Fee Increases for 2019
With the passage of Senate Bill 18-143, CPW is able to adjust pricing to meet the pressures of increased management costs and resource usage across the state. These adjustments allow the agency to continue our conservation mission, while also ensuring transparency and accountability in working to achieve the ten key goals laid out in the bill.
The new fees will start January 1st, 2019.
There will no longer be a reservation fee for reservations made in advance.
For information on fee increases specific to Mueller State Park see the Fees page or to read more about the fee increases for the whole agency see the 2019 Pricing Adjustments page.
All fees are in-addition to park pass/entrance fees and priced per-day unless otherwise noted.
General Camping Information
- Reservations: Effective January 1, 2019, Mueller State Park individual sites, group loop and cabins reservations will be handled through Aspira reservations by calling 1-800-244-5613 or online. Please make reservations 180 days in advance prior to your date of arrival.
- Reservations will NOT be taken at the Park.
Summer Season - May 1 - September 30
Winter Season - October 1st - April 30 (limited sites are available, dump station is dry dump (water is not available) and camper service building is closed.
Aspen Leaf Pass (64+) - Discounts are valid Sun - Thurs (excluding Fri- Sat & holidays.
- Check-in times is 1:00 pm
- Check-out time is 12:00 noon
- Limit six persons per campsite/camping unit, a camping unit is defined as
- 1 passenger vehicle and 2 tents
- RV/Trailer + 1 tent, space allowing
- View the campground map and detailed site list to assist with selecting your site.
Pets are allowed - in the campground, picnic areas & on the developed park road system
Pets are not allowed - on trails, in the backcountry or in cabins
Campground & Campsites
Mueller's campground is located in a picturesque forest of mixed spruce, fir, pine and aspen trees with panoramic views of the Continental Divide.
Capacity - 134 campsites each with picnic table and fire ring
- 99 electric sites many with tent pads
- 22 basic walk-in sites Prospector Ridge (sites 55-66) & Turkey Meadow (sites 100-109) Campgrounds - park your vehicle at the trail head and walk anywhere to your site ranging from 40 to 100.
group RV camping loop (sites 70-80), all 11 sites must be reserved together, please review the Facilities page for further details.
equestrian sites - (sites 133 & 134) horses are required to camp in these sites, please review the Facilities page for further details.
Campground Map & Site Details:
Features: On-site accommodations include firewood for sale, a camper services building with coin-operated showers/laundry & modern restrooms (mid May-mid October), vault toilets, 20 & 30 Amp hookups (walk-in tent sites excluded), water hydrants (mid May-mid October), dump station (mid May-mid October) and a playground.
Restrictions: Pets are prohibited on trails or in the backcountry.
For additional park information, see the Mueller State Park brochure and area map.
The cabins are nestled in the meadows and conifer forests of Mueller State Park and offer extraordinary views of Pikes Peak. Tall pine trees and a variety of wildlife add to the charm of these mountain retreats.
Cabin Use Requirements: 2 night minimum.
Pine Cabin (not wheelchair accessible),
Spruce Cabin (upper level is wheelchair accessible),
Ponderosa Cabin (completely wheelchair accessible).
Features: On-site accommodations include heating & electric, linens & towels, furnishings, basic kitchen equipment, parking, running water, 3/4 bathrooms, and coin-operated laundry facility are located at the camper services building.
Items to Bring with You: The following items are not provided in the cabins, please bring them with you.
- Personal toiletries items: facial tissue, shampoo, conditioner, shower soap and hair dryers.
- Specialty kitchen equipment: Glass bake ware, roasting pan, wine glasses, and trivets.
- Food: including spices, salt and pepper
Restrictions: Pets are prohibited in the cabins and cabin area (includes parking areas, yards, etc.). Maximum occupancy is strictly enforced due to fire codes.