Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
Campsite reservations may be made by calling 1-800-244-5613 or by reserving online.
- Reservations will NOT be taken at the Park.
- All fees are in-addition to park pass/entrance fees and priced per-day unless otherwise noted. A valid parks pass or a daily vehicle pass fee is required during your stay.
General Camping Information
- Summer Season - May 1 - September 30
Winter Season - October 1st - April 30 (limited sites are available, dump station is dry dump (water is not available) and camper services building is closed.
For rate information, please see the Fees page.
The Comfort Station is open year-round, Camper Services is open only in summer, both contain flush toilets. Some vault toilets throughout the Campground are open.
Water is available only at the Comfort Station in winter.
- The Dump Station is currently open for dry dump only. No available water.
Aspen Leaf Pass (64+) - Discounts are valid Sun - Thurs (excluding Fri- Sat & holidays.
- Check-in times is 1:00 pm
- Check-out time is 12:00 noon
- Limit six persons per campsite/camping unit, a camping unit is defined as
- 1 passenger vehicle and 2 tents
- RV/Trailer + 1 tent, space allowing
Pets are allowed - in the campground, picnic areas & on the developed park road system
Pets are not allowed - on trails, in the backcountry or in cabins
Campground & Campsites
Mueller's campground is located in a picturesque forest of mixed spruce, fir, pine and aspen trees with panoramic views of the Continental Divide.
Capacity - 134 campsites each with picnic table and fire ring
- 99 electric sites many with tent pads
- 22 basic walk-in sites Prospector Ridge (sites 55-66) & Turkey Meadow (sites 100-109) Campgrounds - park your vehicle at the trail head and walk anywhere to your site ranging from 40 to 100.
Accessible campsites - Sites 12 and 22 are handicapped designated sites and can be reserved by calling 1-800-244-5613 or online.
- You must have a handicapped placard or license plate.
Group RV camping opportunities - Pisgah Point East has 4 sites, Pisgah Point West has 7 site or rent both East & West for all 11 sites. Please review the Facilities page for further details.
equestrian sites - (sites 133 & 134) horses are required to camp in these sites, please review the Facilities page for further details.
Campground Map & Site Details:
Features: On-site accommodations include firewood for sale, a camper services building with coin-operated showers/laundry & modern restrooms (mid May-mid October), vault toilets, 20 & 30 Amp hookups (walk-in tent sites excluded), water hydrants (mid May-mid October), dump station (mid May-mid October) and a playground.
Restrictions: Pets are prohibited on trails or in the backcountry.
For additional park information, see the Mueller State Park brochure and area map.
The cabins are nestled in the meadows and conifer forests of Mueller State Park and offer extraordinary views of Pikes Peak. Tall pine trees and a variety of wildlife add to the charm of these mountain retreats.
Cabin Use Requirements: 2 night minimum.
Pine Cabin (not wheelchair accessible),
Spruce Cabin (upper level is wheelchair accessible),
Ponderosa Cabin (completely wheelchair accessible).
Features: On-site accommodations include heating & electric, linens & towels, furnishings, basic kitchen equipment, parking, running water, 3/4 bathrooms, and coin-operated laundry facility are located at the camper services building.
Items to Bring with You: The following items are not provided in the cabins, please bring them with you.
- Personal toiletries items: facial tissue, shampoo, conditioner, shower soap and hair dryers.
- Specialty kitchen equipment: Glass bake ware, roasting pan, wine glasses, and trivets.
- Food: including spices, salt and pepper
Restrictions: Pets are prohibited in the cabins and cabin area (includes parking areas, yards, etc.). Maximum occupancy is strictly enforced due to fire codes.