Sign In
Shooting On Public Land
Shooting On Public Land

​​​​​​​​​​​​​Regulations for shooting on public land differ from agency to agency and area to area based on recreational uses, environmental concerns, agricultural interests and many other factors. For information on the rules in a specific area, contact the appropriate agency office.

Recreational Shooting: Shooting Safe on your Forest

​​​United States Forest Service

Arapaho/Roosevelt National Forest and Pawnee Grassland Target Shooting — (970) 295-6600,

Pike/San Isabel National Forest — (719) 545-8737

Grand Mesa/Gunnison/Uncompahgre National Forests — (970) 874-7691

Rio Grande National Forest — (719) 852-5941

Routt National Forest — (970) 870-2299

San Juan National Forest — (970) 247-4874

White River National Forest Target Shooting

Bureau of Land Management

Colorado State Office, Information — (303) 239-3600