MAIN BOAT RAMP- OPEN
All boats must be properly registered and equipped in accordance with the State Law before launching.
- This includes anything defined as a vessel including motor boats, sail boats, paddlecraft (canoes, kayaks, etc), Stand up Paddleboards (SUP), inflatable rafts, personal pontoons, etc.
Only 10hp or less motors are allowed to operate on Barr Lake
The south half of the lake is a protected wildlife refuge, no boating or fishing is allowed past the buoy line.
Aquatic Nuisance Species Inspections
All vessels are required to be inspected for Aquatic Nuisance Species (Zebra Mussels, et al.) prior to launching.
ANY BLUE RECEIPT will not be accepted at Barr Lake for pre-inspection purposes!
ANS Inspection Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM - 3PM
Saturday-Sunday: 7AM - 5PM
Decon's by appointment only!! Please call 720-520-1876
Please help us protect our waters from these destructive creatures. Take time to read park and boating regulations posted at the boat ramp and help to promote safe boating.
- Outside of inspection hours, boats are required to have valid pre-inspection documentation (seal and receipt) prior to launch. BLUE RECEIPTS are not acceptable for pre-inspection dropbox!
Colorado Boating Safely Classes
- 14 or 15 year-olds who want to operate a motor boat are REQUIRED to pass a Boating Safely course. Please visit CPW's Bo ating Safely Page for more information and to register here for a class near you!
- Classes are usually offered April-August of each year. The cost of the course is $15.00 per student and the student will study at home from a book and attend a virtual review class and take the certification test.
- Students can purchase and download an ebook for $4.99 here or if you are unable to purchase and use the electronic manual, email email@example.com to request a physical manual. Please allow time for mailing from Denver.
- The student must pass the test to receive their Boating Safely ID card and must carry it with them while boating (like a driver's license).