Sign In
Boyd Lake
Boyd Lake

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Boyd Lake State Park is a water-sports haven for northern Colorado. The lake lies at the western-most edge of the plains at the foot of snow-capped Long's Peak and the mountains of the Continental Divide.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Boyd Lake State Park has something for everyone: boating, fishing, camping, picnicking, swimming​, hiking, biking, and hunting.

All types of watercraft: ski boats, fishing boats, jet skis, sailboats, canoes, use Boyd Lake's 1,700 surface-acres of water. Boyd Lake also has a sandy beach and a pavilion for swimmers. Boyd Lake State Park also has a modern campground with 140 paved pull-through sites that can accommodate vehicles up to 40 feet in length. View an aerial view of the Cottonwood Campground. You can zoom in & out on the document.

Pets are allowed on Boyd Lake State Park but must be kept on 6 foot leash at all times.

Mariner Point Group Picnic Area

The Mariner Point​​​ Group Picnic Area (GPA) is open every year from approximately mid-May to mid September for use, and is available by reservation only. The Group Picnic Area can accommodate up to 200 guests! 

2023: Weekdays ONLY     $90.00

For reservation Calendar, rental agreement, and more information, visit the Group Picnic Area page.

Anyone or group wishing to hold a special activity at the ​​​Boyd Lake State Park Mariner Point Group Picnic Area must first complete a Special Activities Agreement. Please email: ​​ for agreement form.

At the Visitor Center...

We sell Boat, Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) & Snowmobile registrations, hunting and fishing licenses, as well as Colorado State Park Passes. We do not make camping reservations at the office.

To register a boat, OHV, or snowmobile for the first time, you will need to provide some proof of ownership (Bill of Sale, out of state titles signed to the new owner, etc.) which should include:

  • Vehicle Identification Number, (VIN) 
  • the make, 
  • model,
  • year,
  • cc displacement (if applicable),
  • vessel length (if applicable) ​

​If you do not have this information on your ownership paperwork, you will need to bring the boat, OHV, or snowmobile in for an inspection by a Ranger.