Sign In
Reporting Off-Highway Vehicle Accidents
Reporting Off-Highway Vehicle Accidents

​If you are operating an off-highway vehicle (OHV) and you are in an accident resulting in property damage of $1,500 or more, OR injuries resulting in hospitalization or death, you must report the accident within 48 hours, to a law enforcement officer, and use the OHV/Snowmobile Accident Reporting Form. After completing this form, fax or mail it to:

Colorado State Parks, OHV Program Manager
13787 S. Highway 85, Littleton, CO  80125
Fax:  (303) 470-0782
Phone: (303) 791-1954 

33-14.5-113 - Notice of Accident

(For a complete copy of the Off-Highway Vehicle Article 14.5, go to Laws and Regulations)”

  1. The operator of an OHV involved in an accident resulting in property damage of $1,500 or more, or injuries resulting in hospitalization or death, (or some person acting for the operator, or the owner of the off-highway vehicle having knowledge of the accident) shall immediately, by the quickest available means of communication, notify an officer of the Colorado State Patrol, the sheriff’s office of the county where the accident occurred, or the police department of the city where the accident occurred.

  2. Any law enforcement agency receiving a report of accident under this section shall forward a copy thereof to the Division, which shall compile statistics annually, based upon such reports.

  3. Within 48 hours after the accident involving an OHV, the accident shall be reported to the Denver Office of the Division.  The reports shall be made on forms furnished by the Division and shall be made by the owner of the vehicle or someone acting for the owner or operator.

  4. Any person who violates subsection (1) or (3) of this section is guilty of a class 2 petty offense and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of seventy-five dollars. Based upon such reports.