About the Partners in the Outdoors Grant Program
The Partners in the Outdoors Conference is a platform for networking and collaboration to advance and balance outdoor recreation and conservation in Colorado. To support this goal, Colorado Parks and Wildlife provides grant funds to assist partner efforts that advance the priority areas identified in our Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP).
2021/2022 Grant Program
- The application period has closed for the 2021 Partners in the Outdoors Grant program.
- The 2022 application period will open in late winter 2021/early spring 2022.
- Have matching funds (in-kind and/or dollar for dollar)
- Must be a collaborative effort, including at least one partner organization
- Must utilize and document via a report including photos/video
- Grants can not be awarded to an organization more than 3 years in a row
Projects should address the Priority Areas identified in the current Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP):
- Sustainable access and opportunity to enjoy the outdoors
- Stewardship of natural, cultural and recreational resources
- Conservation of lands, waters and wildlife
- Funding the future to sustain Colorado's outdoors
Congratulations to our 2021 Grant Recipients:
- Cal-Wood Education Center
- Colorado's Cattlemen's Agricultural Land Trust
- Colorado Fourteeners Initiative
- Colorado High Country Educational Treks Inc.
- Colorado Tree Coaltion
- Colorado Trout Unlimited
- Colorado West Land Trust
- EUREKA! McConnell Science Museum
- Greater Arkansas River Nature Association
- Groundwork Denver
- Hispanic Access Foundation
- Keep it Colorado
- Lincoln Hills Cares
- Lucky to Ride and ELK
- Montezuma Land Conservancy
- National Forest Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Town of Pagosa Springs
- Vibe Tribe Adventures
- Vida Foundation
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
- Wilderness Workshop
- Wildlands Restoration Volunteers
See the previous grant recipients
from 2014-2021. We did not conduct the Partners in the Outdoors Grant program for the year 2020.