Camping Fees are Changing in 2019
With the passage of Senate Bill 18-143
, CPW is able to adjust pricing to meet the pressures of increased management costs and resource usage across the state. These adjustments allow the agency to continue our conservation mission, while also ensuring transparency and accountability in working to achieve the ten key goals laid out in the bill.
A $6 fee will be applied for each change made per reservation. This change fee is non-refundable.
- Full campground hookup $32-$41 per night
- Electrical campground $28-$36 per night
- Basic campground $22-$28 per night
- Primitive campground $14-$18 per night
An additional $2 per night will be charged from May 1 - Sept. 30 for these parks. Chatfield, Cherry Creek, Cheyenne Mt., Golden Gate, Highline, Mueller, Pearl Lake, Rifle Falls, Ridgway, St. Vrain, Steamboat Lake, and Sylvan Lake.
Note: Chatfield’s D Loop can be reserved year-round. However, water hookups are turned off from approximately November 1 to April 15 at all campsites. Though the system may show sites as full hookup, there are no water hookups available, and fees are adjusted to the rate of an electrical campsite. Please be aware of this when making reservations. More information is available on the Chatfield State Park camping page.
Vehicle Entrance Fees
Camping fees do not include vehicle entrance fees. If a vehicle does not have an annual pass, then a daily entrance fee will be charged.
For more detailed information, visit the camping page of the park you plan to visit.
Cancellation fees depend on how far in advance a reservation is cancelled:
- Cancel 14 days or more before the arrival date, receive a full refund less the $6 cancellation fee.
- Cancel 13 days or less before the arrival date, receive a refund less the $6 cancellation fee and first night's stay.
- Cancel after the arrival date, receive a refund of any nights not used less the $6 cancellation fee.
- Reservations made prior to Jan. 1, 2019 remain subject to the terms and conditions in place at the time of the reservation.
See the Reservation Changes & Cancellation page for additional details.