Sign In
Identification Needed for License Purchases
Identification Needed for License Purchases

​​​​Customers Must Show Photo Identification to purchase Colorado Parks and Wildlife Products

Resident and non-resident customers purchasing Colorado Parks and Wildlife products must show valid identification. 

Valid Forms of Photo Identification:

  • Valid Colorado Driver License, Colorado Driver Permit or Colorado Identification Card, including the myColorado app digital form (Colorado only).
  • Driver Licenses, ID's Driver Permits that display "Not Valid for Federal ID, Voting or Public Benefit" (black line licenses)
  • Out of state issued photo Driver License or photo Identification card including any territory or possession of the United States (Puerto Rico, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, Northern Mariana Islands and any other territory or possession of the U.S.)
  • U.S. Passport
  • Driver Licenses issued from another Country (Non-US Driver's License)
  • Valid Foreign Passport with I-94 (I-94 arrival and departure admission stamp or document). Exception: Canadian Passport may not have 1-94 attached.
  • Valid I551 resident alien/permanent resident card otherwise known as a green card.
  • Valid U.S. Military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, VA, reserve and national guard)
  • Employment Authorization Card (EAD) with intact photo
  • Colorado Department of Corrections or Federal Bureau of Prisons ID Card
  • Tribal Identification Card with intact photo (U.S. or Canadian)
  • Certificate of Naturalization with intact photo
  • Photo Identification Exemption forms approved by Colorado Parks and Wildlife

Documents NOT acceptable:

  • Matricula Consular Cards
  • NO border crosser or USA B1/B2 Visa/ BCC (border crossing card)
  • Un-expired ID cards that were issued in the early 90’s
  • Out-of-state digital IDs

PLEASE NOTE:  Proof of residency is still required from customers purchasing resident licenses and park passes.  

 *Youths under the age of 18 who do not have ​ and whose parent or legal guardian is present, can use their parent or legal guardian’s ID for verification of who they are. Youths without a parent present need secure and verifiable documentation to purchase licenses.