Lone Mesa Annual Hunting Permit Drawing
Lone Mesa hunting access permits will be issued by an annual drawing which will be held on Friday, June 23, 2023 at 5 pm at Mancos State Park. Applications are via a Google Form that will go live on this site on June 2, 2023 at 9 am. If you need assistance with the form, please call for assistance at Mancos State Park at 970-533-7065. Selected Hunters for the permit must also possess a valid hunting license for GMU 711.
After the drawing all successful hunters will be notified via email. Unsuccessful hunters are put on a waiting list in the order of their draw number. When cancellations occur, the next hunter on the list will be notified to see if they are interested in a hunting opportunity at Lone Mesa State Park.
2023 Hunting Permit Drawing Dates & Documentation
- Friday, June 5, 2023 at 9 am Google Application Form opens.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 4 pm Google Application close date.
- Friday, June 23, 2023 - Hunter drawing, 5:00 pm at Mancos State Park Visitor Center, 42545 County Road N, Mancos, CO 81328.
Successful Permit Recipients
Successful applicants will be notified by email and will need to pay the permit fee no later than 30 days prior to the first day of the hunt (see table below). For details on hunt fees refer to section b.5 in the hunter protocol.
For more information please call our Lone Mesa/Mancos office at 970-533-7065 after May 15,2023.
The 2023 hunt dates, number of permits available, fee dates, and orientation dates:
- To help plan your Lone Mesa hunt, call a CPW Hunt Planner at 303-291-PLAN (7526).
- Successful applicants will be notified via email with orientation information and dates.
- 2023: 10% (approximately 12) of the total available Lone Mesa hunting access permits will be offered to the combined tribes and bands and their members who are provided access to historic area hunting grounds under the Brunot Agreement of 1873. Tribal permits unissued prior to the June 23, 2023 drawing will be added back to the general allocation.
|Archery||9/2 -9/30||Up to 20||8/2|
|Muzzleloader||9/09-9/17||Up to 12||8/19|
|1st Rifle||10/14-10/18||Up to 15||9/14|
|2nd Rifle||10/28-11/5||Up to 25||9/28|
|3rd Rifle||11/11-11/17||Up to 25||10/11|
|4th Rifle||11/22-11/26||Up to 25||10/22|
For an idea of drawing and harvest statistics, see the Hunting Statistics page. You can also check out the Lone Mesa Hunting map. The park sits in game management unit (GMU) 711.
For information on how to apply for a limited license, see the Plan Your Hunt page > Apply for the Draw section. Over-the-counter hunting licenses are available at any
big game hunting page for additional season information, regulations, and other important hunting info.