Lone Mesa Annual Hunting Permit Drawing
Lone Mesa hunting permits are issued by annual drawing held in July of each year.
After the drawing all successful hunters will be notified. Unsuccessful hunters are put on a waiting list in the order of their draw number. When cancellations occur, the next hunter on the list will be notified to see if they are interested in the hunt.
2018 Hunting Permit Drawing Dates & Documentation
- Please read this informational letter for prospective hunters.
- Download the 2018 draw application.
- Thursday July 12th, 2018 - Applications are due back to our Dolores office by 5:00 pm.
- Friday July 13th, 2018 - Permit drawing starts at 5:30 pm at the Lone Mesa Dolores office.
Successful Permit Recipients
Successful hunters will need to pay the permit fee no later than 30 days prior to the first day of the hunt (see table below). For details on hunt fees refer to section b.5 in the hunter protocol.
For more information please call our Dolores office at 970-882-2213.
The 2018 hunt dates, number of permits available, fee dates, and orientation dates
- To help plan your Lone Mesa hunt, call a CPW Hunt Planner at 303-291-PLAN (7526).
- Orientations are held at 5:30 PM at the Lone Mesa State Park office in Dolores on the dates listed below.
To help assess the hunting opportunity, you may view the drawing success and harvest statistics for the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
2014 hunting seasons. You can also check out a park map.
Again this year, hunters may purchase their over-the-counter hunting licenses at Lone Mesa's office in Dolores. Call the office for more information, 970-882-2213.
big game hunting page for additional season information, regulations, and other great hunting info, or to apply for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife limited license drawing.