Lone Mesa Annual Hunting Permit Drawing
Lone Mesa hunting access permits are issued by annual drawing held in July of each year. Hunters must also possess a valid hunting license.
After the drawing all successful hunters will be notified. Unsuccessful hunters are put on a waiting list in the order of their draw number. When cancellations occur, the next hunter on the list will be notified to see if they are interested in the hunt.
2022 Hunting Permit Drawing Dates & Documentation
- Thursday, July 7, 2022 - Application due date, by 5:00 pm.
- Friday, July 8, 2022 - Hunter drawing, 5:00 pm at the new Mancos State Park Visitor Center, 2545 County Road N, Mancos, CO 81328.
Successful Permit Recipients
Successful applicants will be notified by email and will need to pay the permit fee no later than 30 days prior to the first day of the hunt (see table below). For details on hunt fees refer to section b.5 in the hunter protocol.
For more information please call our Lone Mesa/Mancos office at 970-533-7065.
The 2022 hunt dates, number of permits available, fee dates, and orientation dates
- To help plan your Lone Mesa hunt, call a CPW Hunt Planner at 303-291-PLAN (7526).
- Successful applicants will be notified of orientation information and dates.
- 2022: 10% (approximately 12) of the total available Lone Mesa hunting access permits will be offered to the combined tribes and bands and their members who are provided access to historic area hunting grounds under the Brunot Agreement of 1873. Tribal permits unissued prior to the July 9th drawing will be added back to the general allocation.
|Archery||9/2 -9/30||Up to 20||8/2|
|Muzzleloader||9/10-9/18||Up to 12||8/10|
|1st Rifle||10/15-10/19||Up to 15||9/15|
|2nd Rifle||10/29-11/6||Up to 25||9/29|
|3rd Rifle||11/12-11/18||Up to 25||10/12|
|4th Rifle||11/23-11/27||Up to 25||10/23|
For an idea of drawing and harvest statistics, see the Hunting Statistics page. You can also check out the Lone Mesa Hunting map. The park sits in game management unit (GMU) 711.
For information on how to apply for a limited license, see the Plan Your Hunt page > Apply for the Draw section. Over-the-counter hunting licenses are available at any
big game hunting page for additional season information, regulations, and other important hunting info.