Beginning in the fall of 2010, a group of
year-round Stagecoach and Oak Creek residents came together to create Friends
Stagecoach State Park. Friends is a nonprofit group formed to help enhance the
Park's recreational resources, support educational and interpretive activities,
sponsor park improvement projects, and to connect people to the outdoors.
Over the last few years, the Friends group has been working closely with Park staff to identify potential projects to benefit the park and its users.
Ongoing and potential projects include the following:
- Expanding the Summer and Winter event schedule
- Expanding the groomed cross country ski trail system
- Maintaining and growing the parks fleet of loaner fat tire bikes, fishing equipment and snowshoes
- Adding additional public safety equipment to the park inventory
- Providing funding and support for the parks Junior Ranger Program
Families or individuals may become members for just $20 per year. Membership lists are private. Meetings are open to all members.
For more information regarding Friends, to join the group, or offer your support in any way, please contact the Park Office on (970) 736 2436 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support!