Camping at all campsites now require a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
If you're looking for first-class camping, check out Boyd Lake! Boyd Lake State Park has a modern campground with 140 paved pull-through sites that can accommodate vehicles up to 40 feet in length.
Reservations can be made 24/7 at www.cpwshop.com or by calling
- The easily-accessible sites can accommodate tents, pick-up campers, trailers and motor homes.
- All sites have 20, 30, and 50 amp electric hookups.
- Each site has a picnic table and grill.
- Three restroom buildings with showers, playground equipment, and horseshoe pits are scattered throughout the campground.
- WINTER CAMPING November 1- March 31: One bathroom building is open between A/B loops with flush toilets and coin-operated showers. No laundry facilities are available during the winter. Please see the Cottonwood Campground Winter Camping Map.
- A dump station is located in the campground for registered campers only.
- Campers must have a camping reservation and a valid parks pass for every motor vehicle.
- Maximum of two sleeping units per site (2 tents OR one hard-side unit and one tent).
- Maximum of six people per camping site.
- All vehicles and trailers must stay on the campsite asphalt.
- Overflow parking is at the top of the campground.
- Do NOT tie anything to a tree.
- Pets are allowed, but must be kept on leash at all times.
- Check-in time: 1PM. Check-out time: 12PM (noon).
- Camp only in designated sites.
- It is illegal to dump any wastewater (including dishwater) anywhere except the dump station.
- Inflatable bounce jump houses, water slides/hot tubs are prohibited in the campground.
- Clearance at the entry gate is 14 feet 2 inches.
For park pass and camping fee information, visit the Boyd Lake fees page.
To reserve your campsite, reserve online or call 1-800-244-5613.
Cancellations or Changes to a Reservation
If customers would like to cancel, change, or inquire about a refund, please visit CPW's reservation cancellations and/or changes page.
If a camping reservation has already started or is needing to be changed the day-of, campers must come to Boyd Lake Park Office or call the Office at 970-669-1739 to cancel, change, or inquire about a refund.