Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
If you're looking for first-class camping, check out Boyd Lake! Boyd Lake State Park has a modern campground with 148 paved pull-through sites that can accommodate vehicles up to 40 feet in length.
Reservations can be made 24/7 at www.cpwshop.com or by calling 1-800-244-5613.
- The sites are located on a grassy knoll dotted with trees near the lake.
- The easily accessible sites can accommodate tents, pick-up campers, trailers and motor homes.
- All sites have 20, 30 and 50 amp electric hookups.
- Each site has a picnic table and grill.
- Three restrooms with showers, playground equipment and horseshoe pits are scattered throughout the campground.
- Starting November 1st: the only bathroom building that's open is between A/B loops, with flush toilets and showers. No laundry facilities are available during the winter.
- A dump station is located at the top of the campground for campers only.
- Campers must have a camping reservation and a valid parks pass.
- Clearance at the entry gate is 14 feet 2 inches.
- Self-service camping permits will no longer be valid.
- Only two sleeping units per site (one hard side unit and one tent, or two tents).
- Only six people per camping site.
- All vehicles and trailers must stay on the site’s asphalt.
- Overflow parking is at the top of the campground.
- Do NOT tie anything to a tree.
- Pets are allowed on Boyd Lake State Park but must be kept on leash at all times.
- Check-out is 12:00 (noon) the next day. Check-in time for campsites is 1:00 pm.
- Please camp only in designated sites and display the campground permit in the marker at each campsite.
- It is illegal to dump any wastewater, including dishwater, anywhere except the dump station.
- Please also note NO inflatable bouncing/jumping devices for kids are allowed and NO public address systems may be used.
For park pass and camping fee information, visit the Boyd Lake fees page.
During the Winter Season (normally November 1st - March 31st) the campground is open, but the number of campsites available is reduced.
- There is only one restroom building available between loops A/B for showers and flush toilets.
- Please note that there are no laundry facilities available during the winter season.
Please see the Cottonwood Campground Winter Camping Map.
To reserve your campsite, reserve online or call 1-800-244-5613.
Cancellations or Changes to a Reservation
If customers would like to cancel, change, or inquire about a refund, please visit CPW's reservation cancellations and/or changes page.
If a camping reservation has already started or is needing to be changed the day-of, campers must come to Boyd Lake Park Office or call the Office at 970-669-1739 to cancel, change, or inquire about a refund.