Boyd Lake is OPEN to boating.
The main boat ramp and Heron Cove (north) ramp are open for launching.
All boats must be properly registered and equipped in accordance with the State Law.
Evidence of Quagga Mussel Larvae in Green Mountain Reservoir
Green Mountain seals and receipts (blue or white) are no longer valid for pre-inspection anywhere in Colorado State Parks. These boaters can no longer use drop box/pre-inspection after hours.
ANY BLUE RECEIPT or OUT-OF-STATE seal/receipt will not be accepted at Boyd Lake for pre-inspection purposes!
On Aug. 17, 2018, as part of a state and federal initiative to monitor aquatic nuisance species (ANS) in the state, specialists with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation first confirmed the presence of the veligers, initially through microscopic analysis followed by DNA testing. An independent laboratory contracted by Colorado Parks and Wildlife confirmed Reclamation's findings. It is unknown if the veligers were dead or alive at the time of detection.
Safe speed while boating:
Every vessel shall at all times proceed at a safe speed so that proper and effective action can be taken to avoid collision and so that the vessel may be stopped within a distance appropriate to the prevailing circumstances and conditions.
In determining a safe speed the following factors shall be among those taken into account by all vessels.
(1) The state of visibility;
(2) The traffic density including concentration of fishing vessels or any other vessels;
(3) The maneuverability of the vessel with special reference to stopping distance and turning ability in the prevailing conditions;
(4) At night the presence of background light such as from shore lights or from back scatter of its own lights;
(5) The state of wind, sea, and current, and the proximity of navigational hazards;
(6) The draft in relation to the available depth of water.
No vessel shall, under any condition or in any manner, exceed forty (40) miles per hour, except during authorized race events and patrol vessels operating in emergencies.
Aquatic Nuisance Species Inspections
All vessels are required to be inspected for Aquatic Nuisance Species (Zebra Mussels, et al.) prior to launching.
ANS Inspection Hours:
Decontamination Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm