The Blue Heron Marina and Snack Shop
Come boat and fish at the stunning Ridgway Reservoir! Our lake offers 1,000 surface acres of pristine water and majestic views of the San Juan Mountains.
Visit the Blue Heron Marina and Snack Shop just above the swim beach area at the Dutch Charlie entrance. The Snack Shop offers ice Cream, cold drinks, ice, as well as limited snacks, apparel, novelties and fishing tackle. Here you can also rent pontoon boats, pedal boats, or towables for your boating enjoyment. Boaters can also rent slips or buoys on a nightly or weekly basis, depending on availability.
Boat Registrations, park passes, and fishing licenses can also be purchased here.
Marina and Snack Shop Hours
8:00 am - 4:30 pm, 7 days a week May - Sept
Pontoon Boat Rentals
There are 3 pontoon boats available for rent. These include:
Two 9 person capacity pontoons
60HP Motor, Depth/Fishfinder, Optional Towables available for rent, Swim Ladder, Fishing Pole racks
One 5-7 person capacity pontoon
40HP Motor, Livewell, Stereo w/Bluetooth, Depth/Fishfinder, Swim Ladder, Fishing Pole racks
Rental Rates - Same rates for either boat
Half Day - $250 + tax
Full Day - $400 + tax
|8:00 am - Noon|
12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
- Contact the Blue Heron Marina and Snack Shop for availability at 970-318-9689
- Overnight rentals available for additional $150 with a full day rental
- Airhead Towables for rent at $25/half day or $50/full day when renting a 9 person boat
Pedal Boat Rentals
The SunDolphin 5 Pedal Boat (capacity 5 or 531lbs). Rates:
- $25 / hour
- $50 / 3 Hours
- $100 / Full day
Short Term Slip and Buoy Rental
|$35 / Night|
$175 / Week
|$30 / Night|
$150 / Week
- Maximum 30ft boat length, 2 slips available for under 24ft, 2 slips for 24 - 30ft boat length
- No electricity, fuel services, or pump services available
- Maximum 14 days stay allowed in any 28 day period
- Buoy Tender available for buoy rentals, free of charge
- $500,000 liability insurance coverage required for all slip and buoy rentals
Seasonal Slips and Buoys
Seasonal slips and buoys are in very high demand at the Blue Heron Marina. If you are interested in getting on the waitlist, fill out the Marina Waitlist Form
to be automatically added.
Ridgway State Park also offers a Dry Storage for RV’s, Boats, and other vehicles. Currently, this is a yearly lease at a rate of $400 per year. There is a waitlist, so please fill out the Dry Storage Waitlist Form
to be added to the waitlist.
Boat Ramp and Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Mandatory Inspections
An inspection for aquatic nuisance species is required before launching.
Boat Ramp Hours
7:00 am - 8:00 pm, 7 days a week from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Limited Hours during colder seasons. Boat Ramp is closed from October 31 to April 1.
- The ANS inspection station is located at the top of the boat ramp.
- Boat registrations, renewals, and ANS stamps, including the non-resident stamp, can be purchased at the Visitor’s Center or the Marina Office
- Check the boat ramp and ANS inspection status on the current conditions page.