Sign In
Columbine Pass Information
Columbine Pass Information

Columbine Pass - $14.00

For Disabled Colorado Residents

The Columbine Pass is only for disabled Colorado residents. This pass is transferable between vehicles. It is available by application only​ with proof of eligibility.

The Columbine Pass allows Colorado residents with a permanent and total disability to:

  • Purchase an annual state park pass for $14.00 annually instead of the regular vehicle cost of $80. 

  • Transfer the pass between vehicles, allowing the Columbine Pass holder and other's in the same vehicle to enter the park. The pass holder must be present for the pass to be valid. 

  • Visit any of Colorado's state parks within 12 months of the purchase date.
    (Please note: Visitors to Cherry Creek State Park are charged an additional $3 annual fee for the Water Basin Authority.)

What documentation do I need to get a Columbine Pass?

To qualify for a Columbine Pass, you must be a Colorado resident and provide recent documentation of a total and permanent disability from one of the following:

  • A photocopy of a BPQY or Benefit Verification form from the Social Security Administration (obtained by calling 1-800-772-1213 and asking the operator for your BPQY); or 

  • A photocopy of a letter from the Veterans Administration indicating at least a 60% rated service-connected disability (call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 for information); or 

  • A photocopy of a Division of Workers' Compensation "Final Admission of Liability" form indicating permanent total disability; or 

  • A signed physician's letter attesting that there is a physical or mental impairment which prevents gainful employment and that the impairment is reasonably certain to continue throughout the person's lifetime. 

To avoid time delays in processing your application, the above documentation should be current and issued within the past 12 months.

When mailing in an application, a copy of a valid Colorado Driver's License or Colorado I.D. must be included with the application.

How can I apply for a Columbine Pass?

You can download the Columbine Pass application here. Applications are also available at Colorado Parks and Wildlife offices and state parks upon request. 

Mail or bring your completed Columbine Pass application to: 

​​Colorado Parks & Wildlife Broadway Office
6060 Broadway
Denver, CO, 80216

Please include the following with your application:

    • A copy of your current Colorado Driver's License or Colorado I.D.

    • Recent documentation of "total and permanent disability" from the Social Security Administration, the Veterans Administration, the Colorado Division of Workers' Compensation, or a Physician's Letter.

    • A check or money order for $14.00 payable to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

Once we receive the proper application materials, we will mail the Columbine Pass to the approved applicant within 30 days. 

If your application is denied, you will receive writ ten notification within 20 working days of your application receipt. CPW will refund any fees paid.

Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more information.