Novice Mentored Hunts for Adults
Many of us weren’t given the opportunity to learn how to hunt in our youth. This program is geared at providing adults a concise, distraction-free experience to learn how to hunt with other adults.
Hunter Outreach offers limited hunts for big and small game species with CPW staff and/or trained Hunter Outreach volunteer instructors. Learn from passionate hunting instructors and reap the benefits of adding local, natural, sustainable meat in your diet!
Novice Adult Mentored Hunt Eligibility Requirements
- You are a Colorado resident 18 or older.
- You have completed Hunter Education.
- You meet the definition of a novice hunter:
- you have no big game license purchase history; or
- you have only held a big game hunting license(s) in the previous year; or
- you have no big game license purchase history in the previous 5 years.
- You have attended orientation/range qualification (this will depend on the opportunity offered)
Mentored hunts for big and small game species will typically occur between September and February, but may also extend to spring turkey hunting opportunities when available.
Participants may be required to complete classroom instruction/range qualification prior to going on a hunt opportunity. If so, you will be sent further information by email.
- Participants must bring their Hunter Education card with them to class for verification.
- Classroom instruction may cover specific species biology, habitat, where to hunt, regulations, ethics, safety, gear, and field tactics.
- Range qualification session will typically occur on a weekend in the greater Denver Area.
- Participants may use a program firearm, however bringing your own/borrowing from family member highly encouraged.
For specific questions regarding the Hunter Outreach Program, email us at email@example.com.
The Hunter Outreach Program does not focus on the harvest, but upon the education of the novice hunter in the field.