The Green Ranch portion of Golden Gate Canyon State Park is open from September to November to limited access elk hunting for wildlife management purposes. An annual lottery drawing is held at the park to determine who will be allowed to hunt.
About the Ranch
Green Ranch is approximately 3,500 acres of heavy aspen and pine forests, interspersed with several large meadows.
- Green Ranch Map
- Elevation ranges from 7,500 feet to 9,400 feet
- Macy Gulch is the main drainage
The Green Ranch portion of Golden Gate Canyon State Park was acquired in 1995 and the hunting program (the only allowed public use of Green Ranch) was established in 1997.
How-to Apply for a Hunt
- Applications are due by 5:00 pm July 31, 2019
Please read the full hunting rules, regulations and application instructions before submitting a hunting application.
Please call the Visitor Center for more information about the ranch or applying for a hunt (303)582-3707.
Registration is required to attend a Green Ranch hunting orientation.
Dates: August 31, 2019 & October 5, 2019
Time: 10 am - noon
Location: Golden Gate State Park
Who should attend an orientation:
- Hunters who have successfully drawn a Green Ranch hunting permit.
- Hunters who have not already attended an orientation in the last five years.
Please call the visitor center at (303)582-3707 to sign up.