Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
All fees are in-addition to park pass/entrance fees and priced per-day unless otherwise noted.
Daily Vehicle Pass: $10
Individual Daily Pass: $4
Annual Pass: $80 (affixed) or $120 (hang tag)
Aspen Leaf Annual Pass (64+):
For more information on passes, including purchasing multiple vehicle passes, large quantity discounts and specialty passes such as disability, military, etc, see the
Parks Pass Information page.
Backcountry Camping: $18 (permit required)
All campsites are now available for online reservations.
- A vehicle permit or individual park pass is required.
- Lory has six back country campsites.
- All six campsites are a minimum 1 hour hike from the nearest parking lot.
- Campfires are not allowed, however small camp stoves are okay.
- All campsites are primitive (no water, restrooms, or tent pads) and you must pack in and out all necessary items, including water.
- Back country camping is currently permitted 7 days a week except during hunting season. During hunting season back country camping is only permitted on Friday and Saturday night.
Call the park at (970) 493-1623 for back country camping information.
Note: $30 Special Activity Agreement fee applies to all special event applications.
Group Events/Picnic Areas
Group Picnic Area Rental: Timber, Soldier Canyon, and South Eltuck group picnic areas are also available for weddings. Call for pricing and to reserve at 970-493-1623.
Note: Park entrance fee waved for meeting attendees.
Visitor Center Conference Room: $100
Photography and Filming
Note: The use of aerial drones for any purpose is prohibited at Lory State Park.
Non-Commercial Photographers that do not require any special closures and follow the same use patterns that our common visitors do; all pictures taken at Lory are for personal use (pictures not for sale, not for a company, etc.)
would be charged a quarterly special activity permit fee of $30.
All other types of photographers or videographers do not fall under this and that fee would be negotiated by the park manager
- January 1-March 30
- April 1-June 30
- July 1-September 30
- October 1-December 31
. Please contact the park at at 970-493-1623 for more information.
The Parks and Wildlife Commission has the authority to raise daily individual/walk-in or vehicle entry fees by up to $1 per year, and annual passes up to $10 per year.