The Moose Visitor Center is a great place to start your visit at State Forest State Park.
- Ask a ranger to help you pick out a day hike or provide more information on upcoming interpretive programs.
- Sit at our picnic tables for a quick lunch while watching the birds.
- Learn more about camping, hiking, fishing, biking, wildlife viewing, and other activities from our dedicated park staff.
The visitor center offers a variety of unique, educational, practical, and simple items for sale. All sales go directly to fund State Forest State Park.
- You can buy maps of the area, books that will teach you about cooking and wilderness survival as well as nature related reading to relax while you sit around the campfire.
- Classic souvenirs like water bottles, tee-shirts, stickers, and more are a great way to remember your State Forest adventure.
The Moose Visitor Center has displays for history buffs, aspiring geologists, and future biologists of the family. Get up close to a life-size moose and learn about activities and what you might find while exploring the area.
The Moose Visitor Center offers gear for rent to promote responsible and fun use of the park.
- Try geocaching with GPS units.
- Take a family winter hike in the snow with snowshoes.
- Check out some fishing gear and go fishing in one of our stocked lakes.
- Take a family day pack with you to learn more while you are out in nature.
Visitor Center Location
The Moose Visitor Center is located near the town of Gould on Highway 14. See the State Forest Directions page for maps and detailed directions.