General Camping Information
Staunton's walk-in campsites are 180-799 yards from the parking lot. Please be prepared to carry your camping gear to your campsite.
Camping at all state parks now requires a reservation.
For more information, see the camping reservations page.
- Occupation of a site without a reservation will not be permitted.
- If you wish to occupy a site at this park, you may reserve it 24/7 at www.cpwshop.com or by calling 1-800-244-5613.
- The 3-day reservation window does not apply at this park; sites are available for reservation 24/7.
- Self-service camping permits will no longer be valid.
For other questions about the reservations program, please contact the CPW call center at 303-297-1192.
Capacity: 25 Walk-In Campsites
Parking Available in the Meadow Parking Lot
Check out our new 360 degree videos. You can use your cursor to look all around as you walk from the Meadow Parking lot into the camp trails!!
- 12x24 tent pad
- Picnic table
- Bear-proof food storage box
- vault toilets
- water hydrants in parking lots
Fires are prohibited in Staunton State Park.
- This includes Charcoal and Wood fires
- Cook stoves using propane or white gas are allowed
- Limit six persons per campsite.
- Hammocks are not allowed
- Pets are allowed on a six foot leash in your control at all times.
For additional park information, see the Staunton State Park brochure.