Boating is allowed at Trinidad Lake State Park which has a dedicated boat ramp and seasonal docks. Fishing, water skiing and jet skiing are some of the recreational opportunities available on the lake.
ANS Advisory: The program to prevent the spread of Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) in Colorado’s waterways will continue this year. ANS inspections are available by appointment or during regular inspection hours. All boats must be inspected before launch and when coming off the lake.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife encourages all boaters to take a few simple, precautionary steps every time they go to a lake, river or reservoir.
Before leaving a lake or other waterway, boaters should:
- DRAIN the water from the boat, live well and lower unit of the engine;
- INSPECT all exposed surfaces;
- REMOVE all plant and animal material;
- CLEAN the hull of your boat; DRY the boat, fishing gear, and equipment.
See the CPW Boat Inspection page for more information.
Motorboats and sailboats must have an ANS Stamp prior to launching in Colorado in 2019.
Boat owners are required to purchase the ANS Stamp and operators must retain proof of purchase (electronic or printed receipt) on his or her person, the motorboat or sailboat, when operating the vessel (C.R.S. 33-10.5-104.5).
Funding contributes to prevention and management of ANS in the state.
- Motorboats and Sailboats from Colorado - $25.00
- Colorado residents will purchase the ANS stamp at the time of registration. If you register/renew your vessel online or via a registration renewal postcard, the cost of the ANS stamp appears as part of your total amount due. You do NOT need to manually add another $25 to your payment for the ANS stamp.
- Residents with motorboats or sailboats documented by the U.S. Coast Guard or otherwise exempt from in-state registration can purchase the ANS stamp online at cpwshop.com, or at any CPW office or sales location beginning January 1, 2019.
- Motorboats and Sailboats from Another State - $50.00