Gather the group and come for a day of fun. Family or high school reunions, company picnics, weddings, graduations, birthday parties; all find a place here. These shelters are for day use only!
All Group shelters include:
- Inside Shelter lighting
- A large barbecue grill
- A fireplace
- Horseshoe pits
We offer two Group Picnic Shelters: Viola & Sopris
- Both shelters are located on Carpios Ridge near our northside campgrounds
- Max occupancy is 60 people
- While the layout is nearly identicial for both shelters, Viola will be closer to the Visitor Center.
How to reserve a Group Picnic Shelter:
To reserve a shelter, please call our office at: (719) 846-6951
Our staff will be able to make your reservation and answer any questions.
A use fee of $120 will need to be paid to reserve your chosen shelter.
You will receive a confirmation letter via email.
- Check-In is after 8:00AM
- Check-In at our Visitor Center and be sure to bring your confirmation letter with you.
- Our staff will take you to the shelter to complete Check-In
- Check-Out is 10:00PM
- Based on availability, our staff will sign you out of the shelter.
- Be sure to leave the shelter as you found it. Throw garbage away and be sure to clean up grills and fireplaces.
- Our Volleyball Net and Flush Toilets are nearby!