Reservations Required to Enter Eldorado Canyon State Park
Timed Vehicle Reservations will be required to enter the park on Saturdays, Sundays and summer holidays from May 20 through Sept 10, 2023. Reservations will be based on approximately 90 percent of the park's total parking capacity and will be available 30 days in advance. A minimal number of reservations will be open 24 hours in advance. Visitors are encouraged to plan ahead when visiting during peak user days. To enter the park during this time will require two things:
- A Timed Vehicle Reservation (note reservation is not required if you are accessing Eldorado using the shuttle, see
Eldoshuttle.com). Reservations are available online at
CPWshop.com or by calling the Reservation Line: 1-800-244-5613. Reservations are NOT available at the park entrance station or park office.
- A Colorado State Parks Pass. Qualifying Colorado State Park Passes include:
Visitors must set up their CPWshop.com account in advance and secure a Timed Vehicle Reservation and Colorado State Parks pass before arriving at the park. Once you set up an account, you will select the day and time you plan to visit the park, add it to your cart, then process the transaction. After payment, you will receive an email with an attached reservation confirmation. Visitors must print or save the Timed Vehicle Reservation confirmation (e.g., print, download, screenshot or snap a photo) and present it at your time of arrival at the park. Cell phone connectivity is very poor and you will be turned away if you cannot provide proof of reservation.
How to Make a Reservation
- Visit CPWshop.com
- Click in the "Visit A Park" tab and select "make a reservation" under the "Daily - Entrance" category
- Click the "Check Availability" button
- Select your date and click the "Check Availability" button
- Sign in or create a customer account
- Select an available entry time window (note: ADA refers to customers with a disabled placard or license plate)
- Select "Book Now" to add the reservation to your cart and process the transaction
- After payment, you will receive an email with an attached Entry Reservation Confirmation
- Visitors must print or save the Timed Vehicle Reservation confirmation (e.g., print, download, screenshot or snap a photo) and present it upon arrival at the park
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Eldorado Canyon piloting Timed Vehicle Reservations for 2023?
Eldorado Canyon State Park has approximately 530,000 annual visitors. Between 2016 and 2021, visitation increased by over 40 percent. Traffic, crowding, and congestion at Eldorado Canyon have led to negative impacts on staff, natural resources, visitor experience, and the neighboring community of Eldorado Springs.
How far in advance can I make my Timed Vehicle Reservation?
Reservations will be required from May 20- Sept 10, 2023. Reservations can be made 30 days in advance. A small number of reservations will be held and available at 12:01 am MST the day prior.
Can I make a same-day reservation?
- Yes, you can make same-day reservations up until 4:30 pm as long as there is availability.
How many reservations can I make?
Each customer is allocated one reservation per day, per vehicle, with a maximum of 4 reservations per month.
What times will the reservations be issued?
Reservations will be available from 5:30 am to 5:30 pm with two-hour entry windows.
Why am I being charged a $10 entrance fee if I have a valid Colorado State Parks annual pass?
- The reservation must be made under the account of the pass holder to ensure the $10 daily entrance fee is waived. For example, if the annual pass for your vehicle was issued under your spouse's profile, you must make the reservation under their profile. If you are still having issues, please call 1-800-244-5613. Note: No refunds will be issued for daily entrance fees once the transaction has been processed.
Can I leave the park and return?
There is no length-of-stay requirement. Once you enter the park, you may leave at any time. Entry and re-entry must be within your reserved 2-hour window.
I have an Annual Colorado State Parks Pass. Do I still need a reservation to visit Eldorado?
Yes, a Timed Vehicle Reservation is required to enter the park, even if you have an Annual Colorado State Park Pass.
Does the Annual pass holder need to be present to enter with a reservation?
- For all Family & Affixed Annual pass holder reservations, the pass holder does not need to be present as long as someone in the car resides in the same household. For all Aspen Leaf Annual pass holder reservations, the pass holder is required to be present for the reservation.
How much does it cost to get a Timed Vehicle Reservation?
The Timed Vehicle Reservation is free. However, you will need a valid Colorado State Parks Pass to enter. A $10 daily entrance fee will be added to the cart for customers who do not possess an annual Colorado State Parks Pass on their customer profile.
Can I get a refund?
No refunds will be available.
Can I resell or transfer my reservation?
No. All permits are non-transferable. Resale or auction of reservations is prohibited.
Do the reservations apply to all areas of the park?
Timed Vehicle Reservations are only required for the inner canyon.
Do I need to print my Timed Vehicle Reservation confirmation?
Visitors must print or save the reservation confirmation(e.g., print, download, screenshot) and present it at your time of arrival at the park. Cell phone connectivity is very poor and you will be turned away if you cannot provide proof of reservation. If you arrive at the 1st timed entry window between 5:30 am-7:30 am, you MUST have the reservation confirmation printed and displayed on your dashboard.
Is there any possibility of getting a Timed Vehicle Reservation at the last minute?
20 percent of permits will be held and made available for purchase at 12:01 am through 11:59 pm MST the day prior through
I don't have a computer and/or smartphone. Can I purchase my reservation in person?
All Timed Vehicle Reservations must be made in advance through cpwshop.com or by calling the Reservation Line: 1-800-244-5613. Reservations cannot be made at the state park, including the entrance station or visitor center/park office.
Is there a shuttle service to Eldorado Canyon State Park?
Yes, you can access the park via shuttle bus from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Visit Eldoshuttle.com for more information and pickup locations. A reservation is NOT required to access the shuttle; however, you must possess a valid Colorado State Parks pass or pay $4 per person ages 16 and older.
With a reservation, am I guaranteed a parking spot within the park?
Yes, you are guaranteed parking within the park. However, it may not be located near the trailhead or access point of your choice.
Do I need a Timed Vehicle Reservation if I walk in, bike in, or ride a horse?
No reservations are required for those walking, biking, or riding a horse; however, there is NO public parking in the town of Eldorado Springs, and a valid Colorado State Parks pass is required.
Do I need a reservation to use the picnic area?
Anyone accessing the park in their vehicle must have a Timed Vehicle Reservation. Picnic areas are first come, first served.
Do I need a reservation to conduct business at the Visitor Center (i.e. purchasing a hunting license or registering a boat)?
- Licenses and registrations will
not be available for purchase on weekends or holidays from May 20-Sept 10, 2023.